Problem hearing "Man down" in Male One voice

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Ubir4
Adept

Problem hearing "Man down" in Male One voice

Post by Ubir4 »

I can see that in Male One the "Man Down" voice is not playing.
Does anyone know the file to fix it? Or how to fix it?
Aspide
Skilled

Re: Problem hearing "Man down" in Male One voice

Post by Aspide »

Ah yes the Man Down issue with Male One, the problem is that that voice pack lacks that sound, so when you or bots try to say it there's no sound :mrgreen: , you can go to the editor and open Male1Voice.uax and you'll notice that there's no Man Down sound, can't believe no one noticed that before they released the game.....
Somewhere in Nevada...
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Aspide wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:32 am Ah yes the Man Down issue with Male One, the problem is that that voice pack lacks that sound, so when you or bots try to say it there's no sound :mrgreen: , you can go to the editor and open Male1Voice.uax and you'll notice that there's no Man Down sound, can't believe no one noticed that before they released the game.....
Interesting thing is, when the Botpack 221 leak came out, it was revealed that a Male One "Man Down" voiceline actually exists! It was removed for some reason though. Presumably by accident.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I did add this voice additionaly into some of my released custom packs, but the voice was there already for some time, even in the other ut beta/alpha versions that came out earlier (there is one later version of 222 or maybe even 223 UT that got leaked and was basically the finished product, except then Epic delayed the release and made the decision to slowly update the game engine past the unreal updates to split off into 300 and 400 range).

Also this was discussed in other topics already like that topic you see in similar topics, about the 469 update....

But yea it seems to have been a mistake because the sounds were even stored originally in botpack and not in their separate files even.

I think later on when updating the packs/voice packs they accidentaly didn't put it where it belongs.

Oops...why did this show as if it was a new topic? Now I notice this was a year ago...
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I admit the "similar topics" section at the bottom can be confusing as it pulls some old threads there. Added new info to the thread though so ehh we'll allow it this time :mrgreen:

Also thanks for the reminder I need to double-check my MaleOnePlus VP if I added the Man Down, if not, then thats one I might need to remake :facepalm:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I changed for now the "Similar Topics" to see stuff not older than 3 6 month ...let's see how this work now.

@Leo(T.C.K.) at least you added some good info. :tu:

Edit---------------------------
3 month was too short and 6 is already close to the brink to be necro-bumping if posted.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Alright that seems fair to me, though the topic I refered to was this one...
./viewtopic.php?t=15304

Just to make things clear, you do have the missing man down voice sample, right gecko? Because I did also upload it separately just never posted it because it didn't seem to be needed anymore.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I'll check on friday, don't have UT near me for a bit.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:41 am I'll check on friday, don't have UT near me for a bit.
Alright.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Goddamnit nope it ain't there, gonna re-do the voicepack -_-
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:56 am Goddamnit nope it ain't there, gonna re-do the voicepack -_-
here
mandown