[Solved in 469b and 469c]In some future update 469d with : MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Discussions about everything else
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: [469c ?!] In some future update: MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Guys save yourselves the work, the voice sample does exist in the beta I just confirmed it. Mandown for male2 exists. Its just there it didn't have the m1 prefix and it seems epic messed up when repackaging etc as also unrealed and others would get confused because both sounds exist. Just look in the ut beta male1voice.uax and export mandown.wav separately.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

I looked for utbeta to download and didn't find it. Even so, I wouldn't know how to export mandown.wav and add it to male1voice.uax. If anyone knows how and has utbeta. Please post the male1voice.uax containing the mandown for us.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I will post the wav file but it might take me a few days or so...if someone beats me to it be my guest. The reason tcrf didn't have it is because technically this is not unused sound within the beta i guess or they just missed it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If you ask me about stuff that has been forgot, if memory doesn't cheat me there is a sound unused saying "Triple Kill". In MH mods which I wrote, I used it without issues. Class is there but not called, at least I don't recall it audible in stock games.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

I downloaded and did the uax, but something is wrong... If anyone knows how to fix it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Open Ued.
2. Open the .uax file in the sound browser.
3. Extract all the sounds you want to a folder.
4. Convert the sounds you want to replace them with, to the right format.
5. Name them the same as the sound file you want to replace. ((doublekill.wav) test.wav -> doublekill.wav)
6. delete the sounds you want to replace in ued's sounds browser, and then import the sounds into the package(in the sound browser). Make sure everything is named the same, same amount of files, if one letter is different it will not work online.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4137&p=41281&hilit ... act#p41281
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All necessary files are in the attachment. From what I've seen it's super simple. But here I'm saving and it doesn't appear. I made the uax in the ued of the u1 in the ued of the ut99 I was not able to import the wav, and there it appeared but it does not appear in the game or in the uted...

EDIT:
Getting the sound to play in the game. But it went like this:
I changed the M1yousuck.wav. And renamed mandown.wav to M1yousuck.wav. Then it worked when I called the speech "You Suck!" (I heard "Man Down!"). One of you must know what it is. I don't understand this area of programming.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It plays OK in UED 2 with 469b - did you put the sound in the MaleOne Voice Pack?

In UED, go to the Actor Browser, then in the Actor tree -> Info -> Voice Pack -> Challenge Voice Pack -> Voice Male -> Voice Male One.

Right click on Voice Male One - click on Default Properties. Then go to OtherSound

Then go back to the Sound Browser, with Male Voice One aux file open - highlight M1Mandown. Go back to the Default Properties dialogue and in slot [5] in Other Sound, click on Use. You'll have to click first on the white box with None and this will make the Use button visible. Clicking on Use should asign the sound.

To save it, click on Botpack in the panel at the bottom of the Actor browser and then click on the Disc icon at the top of the browser. Note this will change your Botpack file and may affect whether you can play online.

You can't do this in the 469b Editor as it doesn't like sound files with a group called (All), which the Male One voice has. You will need to use the Editor in 436.

Automatically merged

The M1Mandown sound won't appear in the list of sounds in Male Voice One unless you actually open your 'new' Male1Voice.uax - this is true in both 436 and 469 - the Sound Browser presumably gets the sounds from the MaleVoiceOne VP in Botpack.u (and not from the aux file) so obviously if the sound isn't in the Botpack it won't be loaded in the Editor.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

First, thank you so much for the amazing explanation. Even a UED N00B done I managed to do this hyper complex task. I would never have known how to do this without your help.

Now I have "Man Down!" from MaleOne on UT99.

Thank you so much!

(You and Aspide are great at writing detailed explanations. Congratulations.).

PS:
It worked on the UED of the UT99 469b.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: [Solved] [469c ?!] In some future update: MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by OjitroC »

Glad to hear it worked for you :tu:
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yes that's the thing. I was going to upload it around now but I see there's no need anymore. You see, always check pre-release material/demos for things that might be missing, first. That's a bit of a rule of thumb really.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

I'll see if I make a for 469c, but I had already asked to incorporate it in the 469c patch....

tutorial: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/933

Edit:............................... OjitroC was explained me in 469b, and worked for me (work in 469c, but I didn't test it online because it changes botpack.u and maleone.uax).
OjitroC wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:04 pm It plays OK in UED 2 with 469b - did you put the sound in the MaleOne Voice Pack?

In UED, go to the Actor Browser, then in the Actor tree -> Info -> Voice Pack -> Challenge Voice Pack -> Voice Male -> Voice Male One.

Right click on Voice Male One - click on Default Properties. Then go to OtherSound

Then go back to the Sound Browser, with Male Voice One aux file open - highlight M1Mandown. Go back to the Default Properties dialogue and in slot [5] in Other Sound, click on Use. You'll have to click first on the white box with None and this will make the Use button visible. Clicking on Use should asign the sound.

To save it, click on Botpack in the panel at the bottom of the Actor browser and then click on the Disc icon at the top of the browser. Note this will change your Botpack file and may affect whether you can play online.

You can't do this in the 469b Editor as it doesn't like sound files with a group called (All), which the Male One voice has. You will need to use the Editor in 436.

Automatically merged

The M1Mandown sound won't appear in the list of sounds in Male Voice One unless you actually open your 'new' Male1Voice.uax - this is true in both 436 and 469 - the Sound Browser presumably gets the sounds from the MaleVoiceOne VP in Botpack.u (and not from the aux file) so obviously if the sound isn't in the Botpack it won't be loaded in the Editor.

founded: viewtopic.php?p=136971#p136971
Attachments
ManDown_fixed files.zip
works in 469c (beta test please make backup of your files, maybe can't be used online....)
(24.18 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
VoicePatch469b (offline works).zip
(24.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: [Solved in 469b and 469c]In some future update 469d with : MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

You know, you could use ucc conform if you are afraid to break online compat for now.
Ubir4
Adept

Re: [Solved in 469b and 469c]In some future update 469d with : MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by Ubir4 »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:59 am You know, you could use ucc conform if you are afraid to break online compat for now.
Do you mean that it is possible for me to put the man down sound and not mismatch the botpack? (I don't understand from ucc). If so, can someone explain to me or attach the botpack.u file with ucc compliance?

Code: Select all

C:\U\System>ucc conform botpack.u botpack_469c.u
=======================================
ucc.exe: UnrealOS execution environment
Copyright 1999 Epic Games Inc
=======================================

Saving...
The package you are trying to save imports IntProperty Engine.GameInfo.NoLockdown from package Engine. This object was not present in UT v436, so this package will not work on UT v436 clients or servers. Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N): y
The package you are trying to save imports BoolProperty Engine.Inventory.bCalcDrawOffsetFOV from package Engine. This object was not present in UT v436, so this package will not work on UT v436 clients or servers. Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N): y
The package you are trying to save imports Function Engine.Canvas.CreateFont from package Engine. This object was not present in UT v436, so this package will not work on UT v436 clients or servers. Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N): y
The package you are trying to save imports Function Engine.Weapon.ServerWeaponEvent from package Engine. This object was not present in UT v436, so this package will not work on UT v436 clients or servers. Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N): y
File botpack.u successfully conformed to botpack_469c.u...
Success - 0 error(s), 0 warnings

C:\U\System>
Thank's Worked for me Yup....

EDIT:

Code: Select all

[ACEv12e]: You have been kicked from the server because an unknown file was found
[ACEv12e]: File = BotPack (../System/Botpack.u)
[ACEv12e]: Please restore this file to its original version.
[ACEv12e]: If you believe this is a false positive detection, then please
[ACEv12e]: report this problem on the Anti-Cheat forums @ ut99.org. You may
[ACEv12e]: also want to seek help at the ut99.org discord channel.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz........ I love smartstockbot....

EDIT2:
If anyone manages to make botpack 469c (mainly the one from github under development) work/pass the ACE on the server please make it available. :idea:
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Oh yea the anticheats might trigger on that as its not in their database etc.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:12 pm Oh yea the anticheats might trigger on that as its not in their database etc.
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/933

Hello, I’m trying to add a custom sound to the Speech of botpack.u using ucc.exe, but this is causing a conflict with Anti-cheat. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I think this would be an improvement for the game that should have been done since 1999. I appreciate any help. 😊 I have been asking for this since Jul 12, 2022.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Topic number 15269 that you started originally is also about this in practice but yea...

the only way to use this anti-cheat with it is if they added exception for that modified package etc. That's what they have to do also when each new patch is introduced I guess.

It does kind of make you think and question all these anti-cheats to begin with.