Unreal Tournament remaster ?

Discussions about everything else
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Unreal Tournament remaster ?

Post by UTPe »

Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: Unreal Tournament remaster ?

Post by TankBeef »

Well, this has been discussed before, on Discord at least. He was referring to Unreal 1998, not UT.
Also, if one is itching for a "remaster", try if you have not the 469c and the HD textures.
Yes, Ferali gave a really good explanation why a "remaster" could be even better. But I am very satisfied with the way UT looks and feels these days. I thank the community, cause not many games from around that year are able to run without OS compatibility issues. Only thing missing for me is a few new players on the servers, but that is about it. :noidea
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Fake news.

Fact checking is becoming a lost art these days.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

Even if this news were true, to Tankbeef's point, I'm not sure what Nightdive Studios could bring to a remaster that 1) isn't already available among the vast content for UT and 2) couldn't be done better by the many talented participants in this forum (say, like in a 25th Anniversity Community project)
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:57 pm Fake news.

I don't know, it might be. I really don't know what's cooking.
I expressly used a question mark in the post title because I found this link on a discord channel but no other infos around.
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

moved to off-topic, it's for UNREAL 1, not UT99
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

UTPe wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:22 pm
Neon_Knight wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:57 pm Fake news.

I don't know, it might be. I really don't know what's cooking.
I expressly used a question mark in the post title because I found this link on a discord channel but no other infos around.
No. The remaster that's been discussed is that of UNREAL (1998), not UT (1999). The quoted tweet even says so. This article has been making the rounds across the Internet for so long in the form of lies and crap. And there's nothing confirmed as of yet.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.