About the UMSSpace marine models from U1

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: About the UMSSpace marine models from U1

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Guys...this was all unnecessary. Turns out that a guy called Alien3674 made a UT marine player already based on Asgard's work and it seems to be standalone too.
attachment here
Attachments
UMSMarine.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Interesting - where did you find that?

Yeah, looks OK - nice find and a nice addition - haven't tried it in-game but looking in the Editor seems to be fine. Just lacks the full Flip animation sequence of the default UT models as it has but a single frame Flip - probably wouldn't be that noticeable in action though.

As a matter of interest - the Player/Bot have a default health of 110. They also use boots-on-metal footsteps sounds and these may not be appropriate in all situations but people can change those if only using the model for off-line play. Unsurprisingly there are no team skins.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:54 pm Guys...this was all unnecessary. Turns out that a guy called Alien3674 made a UT marine player already based on Asgard's work and it seems to be standalone too.
attachment here
Is this older version much different than the UMSSpacePlayer.rar you made? Better or worse?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:23 pm
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:54 pm Guys...this was all unnecessary. Turns out that a guy called Alien3674 made a UT marine player already based on Asgard's work and it seems to be standalone too.
attachment here
Is this older version much different than the UMSSpacePlayer.rar you made? Better or worse?
There are a number of differences - some of these will be apparent from comparing my comments on both models. In essence they use the same model with the same animations but they are subclassed from different parent classes - the UMSMarine is subclassed directly from TournamentPlayer for the player, for example.

They use different sounds - botpack v UnrealI/UnrealShare. The default health is different. The UMSMarine has more 'in-built' skins. There are other differences - it's probably a matter of trying them out to decide which of them one likes best. I would expect that they will look much the same in action (though they will sound different :P).
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:10 pm Interesting - where did you find that?

Yeah, looks OK - nice find and a nice addition - haven't tried it in-game but looking in the Editor seems to be fine. Just lacks the full Flip animation sequence of the default UT models as it has but a single frame Flip - probably wouldn't be that noticeable in action though.

As a matter of interest - the Player/Bot have a default health of 110. They also use boots-on-metal footsteps sounds and these may not be appropriate in all situations but people can change those if only using the model for off-line play. Unsurprisingly there are no team skins.
It was given to me by JackHonda, who found it somewhere a while ago (I get the feeling he didn't remember exactly where).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

It's interesting, most appreciable difference is it's a playable model and not a summonable monster.

Arctic Skin is the default, has 3 others in the mix as well. No discernable team colors, guess I'll take a crack at skinning it later. In a different thread on this thing someone had screenshots showing it previously skinned for U1, would be handy to get textures of that to make skins for this.
Attachments
Shot0001.png
Shot0006.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:59 am It's interesting, most appreciable difference is it's a playable model and not a summonable monster.
The one that Leo did is also a Player/bot model and not a ScriptedPawn (as is the Model for Unreal also discussed in this thread).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Found one weird thing:
- Model shows up in selection just fine for my original UT install.
- Model doesn't show up in selection for my Unreal Anthology UT install.

Very weird!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I know I'm very late with this now, but here are still some wips of the stuff I tried to port/work further on.

amarineplayer
umsspaceplayerwtf
the second one is a newer version that has also some problem I described in the text file that I wasn't sure how to fix so it would work best with UT.
Alien3674
Novice

Post by Alien3674 »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:21 amFound one of them...
UTNerd24 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:22 pm Ive seen this gamemode before, However its only that. I swear i've seen an actual playermodel of the UMS Marine.
EDIT:
Looks like its for Unreal, But I'm convinced through a few script tweaks it can be used in UT. I doubt anyone will wanna make Team Skins though.
It seems this is my old screenshot of 2013 from a topic on another forum dedicated to the development of a single mod Another Reality for Unreal, in which this player model is used. This model is also available for selection as a player's appearance. Yes, this Turboman model is from the UMSSpaceMarine mod created by Asgard.
EvilGrins wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:21 am Found another...
UnrealFox wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:02 pm Maybe someone knows if there is such a model for the game? We made a model with one guy, but stopped talking to him and i lost the model when reinstalling windows :oops:
This screenshot is also most likely mine.
About a year later, a certain Laisum contacted me on the same forum, asked me to separately assemble a package with a model and skins for UT. He drew the red skin (and the rest of the team colors), at the same time a working package was assembled and handed over to him.
Laisum disappeared for a long time, of course the package with was also safely lost.
It is very interesting how this screenshot appeared here?
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:54 pmGuys...this was all unnecessary. Turns out that a guy called Alien3674 made a UT marine player already based on Asgard's work and it seems to be standalone too.
And this package looks like some kind of test build, it doesn't have enough code to use command skins. Either I didn't finish it then, or this is a trial build before adding team skins. To be honest, I can't remember where he came from.

:D
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Alien3674 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:37 amIt is very interesting how this screenshot appeared here?
Not at all interesting, I put it there. When discussing the topic I did a search for any related material and found that.
Alien3674
Novice

Post by Alien3674 »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:48 am
Alien3674 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:37 amIt is very interesting how this screenshot appeared here?
Not at all interesting, I put it there. When discussing the topic I did a search for any related material and found that.
It's a pity, I was hoping to find the author of the team color skins.
Alien3674
Novice

Post by Alien3674 »

Version 2 is in the works :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Alien3674 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:51 pm Version 2 is in the works :D