DM-Campgrounds[REDUX]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Lunic
Average
Personal rank: The Best One

DM-Campgrounds[REDUX]

Post by Lunic »

Last edited by Lunic on Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: DM-Campgrounds[REDUX]

Post by TankBeef »

Wow!!! I am loving these REDUXES!!! :rock:
I think this is the best UT version of Campgrounds that I have seen so far. :gj:
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Great! :tu:
Lunic
Average

Post by Lunic »

The map is pretty big and ofc campgrounds is a big map where you really have to listen to your opponent actions, leaded me to not adding ambient sounds on the map. some chain sounds there but thats all. Some flame sounds around BIG blue fires, and a few closer ones to it. But choosed to keep the rest quiet on the map since its about 3 different levels.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hey Lunic... you are NiX right?

Just need to know for accuracy:
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/188350.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Lunic
Average

Post by Lunic »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:00 pm Hey Lunic... you are NiX right?

Just need to know for accuracy:
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/188350.html
yes
Skerion
Average

Post by Skerion »

Great work with this map. This is probably one of the better looking Campgrounds remake for this game.

The map could probably use some optimization, though. I noticed that it was laggy when I was playing on it, and I suspect that the barely visible fog light entities might have something to do with it. I also think it'd look nicer if the textures for the torches in the map were using the FireTexture class instead of the ScriptedTexture class, especially since that's what all the other fire effects in the vanilla maps use. If you still want to stick with ScriptedTexture fire textures, I'd at least make the dark areas in the blue fire texture entirely black so that they don't make the edges of the plane brushes visible.
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

the map looks fantastic! I especially love the moving chains, and I like the liberties I'm assuming you took with weapon placement. :gj:

a couple things to note though:

idk if this is an nvidia, opengl or 469b issue, all of which I'm using, but I noticed there is some geometry tearing on my end.
I pointed some out with white arrows in these screenshots, the rest are fairly easy to see. it's hard to capture in screenshots, but it's very noticeable while playing the map.
I typically find this happens in large or connecting complex bsp cuts, and that this is usually remedied by adding zone portals between the rooms of the map.
there are currently no zone portals in the map.
nozones.jpg
tear1.jpg
tear 2.jpg
tear 3.jpg
tear 4.jpg
tear 5.jpg
______

There are invisible barriers above the shieldbelt and "rail" area, but you may want to add another over the area close by with the jump pad to avoid camping above the map.
invisbarierued.jpg
invisbarier.jpg
______

idk if this was SmileY's doing, but this rocket launcher could use a little love. :tu:
rlplacement.jpg
my last note is that there are a lot of misaligned textures, but the map is so darkly lit that I see there being no point to fixing them :lol:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

1. Your video stopped working.

2. Good map, has a nice flow, didn't see any overt problems anywhere. Some slight BSP visuals but I was cruising around in Spectator Mode so those may not be visible from a player's perspective.
Attachments
Shot0119.png
Shot0067.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758