Do our IPtoCountry MasterServer Providers need an update?

Discussions about UT99
Eternity
Skilled

Re: Do our IPtoCountry MasterServer Providers need an update?

Post by Eternity »

Hitman wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:48 pm This old mod needs an update, would be great if some smart guy can fix it.

There is a link with the working solution above - at least 2 web sites out there provide an updated database in the old Maxmind's format.

If no way to run an own php server, then need to wait until existing IPTC public servers admins update their databases...
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

yes something went wrong also with mine country flaggs.
At the first place i was a american later i became Italian.I think it has something todo with the master server but i can be wrong. :noidea
Maby the epic games master server who is offline now has something todo with it.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I think I fixed it and added it to my servers, test any server I have to see if its correct, I give it some days to collect some info and get back to you.   
Auto merged new post submitted 20 hours 29 minutes later
Since I run my own php I found a new Geoip.dat that was up to date that worked, I but a blank iptocountry in with my address and this was what it show for 1 day, feel free to use the address or iptocountry.ini :agree1:
Attachments
IpToCountry.rar
My Iptocountry.ini
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
GeoIP.rar
New GeoIP for php-server
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

For the 333networks masterserver (including Errorist,OldUnreal, GoneSpy and everyone else who hosts a 333networks masterserver instance) I encountered the same problem.

I used to resolve server IPs to countries with the build-in Perl IPToCountry lookup module, but that one was already outdated when I first started using it. In the Qt5 implementation that is currently running, I currently use a json/web API that can resolve 5 addresses per minute (throttled) and I am looking for a better/integrated solution still. I encountered difficulties with some standard libraries or (expensive/paid) geolocation services that charge for the bulk of lookups.

I would love it if there's a community-ran lookup service that can also facilitate the masterserver web interfaces, so game server locations are displayed properly too. If hosting is a bottleneck, I can ask around at any of the masterserver hosts to make this happen as well.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
So7urno
Personal rank: old school gamer

Post by So7urno »

Hello there, my country flag is messed up, it showed a few times the correct flag (Portugal) but now it shows USA flag, I am not using and never used a VPN. and my whois shows correct info about my country\ip... is there any way I can fix this and change my flag? I have nothing against USA folks but I would rather use my own country flag... any way to update\override it manually maybe?
thanks for your work!
469d patch win10
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

So7urno wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:13 pm any way to update\override it manually maybe?
Not for a player. The UT server asks an IpToCountry service (forum.gameclan.pl:80/iptocountry/index.php for example) for the data of a country info file for a specific IP address. An example result could look like
23:16 123.45.67.89:123.45.67.89:KOREA REPUBLIC OF:KOR:kr
Then the graphic flag is chosen depending of the country.

If the country info file is outdated either the IpToCountry service provider has to update it or the UT server maintainer has to use another IpToCountry service provider.

See also Notes to IpToCountry services.
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie