Can someone remove XC_Engine dependency for a specific mutator?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Berserker
Experienced

Can someone remove XC_Engine dependency for a specific mutator?

Post by Berserker »

469c just got released today. Everyone is excited, except me. I still can't update my servers, because we use XC_Engine dependent mutators. Since Higor is not active anymore, there is a chance that we won't get a new XC_Engine version, which is compatible with the new patch. I am always stuck with old patches, whenever a new test build comes out.

One of the most important XC_Engine mutators we use is ClientPause. You can find more info about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12761&p=105443

Some people here would probably recommend other Pause mutators, which I am aware of each and every Pause mutator out there. However, ClientPause is the only one that works properly with our mods. This is why I am calling out for help and would like to ask if it's possible to remove the XC_Engine dependency on that mutator in order to run it without XC_Engine. :help:
Attachments
ClientPause.7z
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
anth
Adept

Re: Can someone remove XC_Engine dependency for a specific mutator?

Post by anth »

There will be an updated XC_Engine soon
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Firstly:
Berserker wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:11 pm Since Higor is not active anymore <...>
:???:
Higor wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:02 am <...>
v469c does not have a working XC_Engine version yet (i'm working on this)
<...>
Secondly:
There is impossible to remove XCGE dependency from this pause mod (this is not a mutator!) because a specific unique functions (ReplaceFunction for example) are used from the XCGE (аctually, for this it was created)...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Mutators using natives from XCGE and aiming some replacement of bugged functions in many cases cannot be replaced, others... maybe yes, if conforming them is being supported.
By example you can solve certain functions from Engine.u file but... for bad internal natives (specific DLL) it's not really easy...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Son, I am disappoint.

=========

The files are awaiting ACE whitelisting, it'd be a bad thing if everyone using it got kicked and banned from servers.
As for ClientPause, it's impossible to do the stuff it does without XC_Engine.

Automatically merged

On a separate note, I realized ClientPause needs a slight fix.
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

Higor wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:01 am Son, I am disappoint.
I actually did ask you directly on Discord if you were gonna release XC_Engine for 469c when it comes out, but I didn't get a reply and assumed you were still inactive :roll:. I didn't see you mentioned this on ut99org 2 weeks ago. I was really worried what I was gonna do, but glad to see you are working on it.
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Oh, you did ask about 4 months ago, I apologize for not noticing the message.

As for the XC_Engine whitelisting, would have been a little faster if I caught Anth before he went to sleep yesterday but felt dizzy all day (likely something I ate), sucks having to scramble what little energy and concentration you have to rebuild everything and figure out the new addresses in Editor.dll to inject the script compiler hooks.