★ CTF-Boundaries ★

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

★ CTF-Boundaries ★

Post by Que »

Attachments
CTF-Boundaries.zip
(4.7 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: ★ CTF-Boundaries ★

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm interested how do you call lifts Mover1 and Mover8 for going up.
The only mover used by A.I. is Mover8 because Bot will cheat in here. Both Movers are having TWO-WAY routes, and it's not like they are two way as operating mode.

This map not only need a reconstruction of paths but map's mechanics will need to be adjusted too.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

players can only use 1 lift on each side to go up.. the building.
for some reason bots can call the second lift down from the top and go up that way lol.
or they use both lifts to get to top.. where flags are.
players need to run through building , picking up sniper and then go up the elevator to the upper level. or enter from the front and goto flag base.

the bottom Lifts on the left ... Go UP
the top lifts on the right ... Go Down

Bots can and do use both.. not sure how they can call from bottom the top lifts but they do. (also opening side passage)
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Que wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:50 am Bots can and do use both.. not sure how they can call from bottom the top lifts but they do. (also opening side passage)
Bot can summon "BumpOpenTimed" lifts - only one in this case. Players cannot trigger any of them.
It is very easy and simple to use triggered lifts correctly and allowing all Players to switch routes at their will. Like I said before Bots do a sort of cheating, exactly like I sampled already a demo map in forum where only Bots are using some lifts, players will always take damage and even dying.
Demo is in topic Black Mover... Pink Mover - Movers not recommended.

Pointing this outside of paths flood problem that are not drawn as additional feed-back.

Next subject. After my experience with Players, majority of them are not interested in CTF in doing stunts than capturing Enemy Flag because that's the game goal, so pickups placed far away when enemy is holding your flag are not useful at anything, neither "lazy lifts" that are too slow in hot moments. Technically CTF maps (even those full of translocating spots) should include a valid ground route for Flag carrier without making it to wait any Lift - check out popular stock maps (and not only stock) at this point.

The other pickups behind big Movers are not used at all by Bots (advantage Player-Only) - and these are doable with "BlockedPath" actors.