Self-deleting brushes

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Chrysaor
Average

Self-deleting brushes

Post by Chrysaor »

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but it's driving me crazy. My brushes keep self deleting, either when I build geometry or cleanup the level. I'm tired of replacing them.

I think this could be the version I'm using. 469a is the only 469 that runs stable for me.

It also could be copy and pasting? I tend to build modularly, so I make a pillar, then paste it a dozen times, but I've found the brushes are less likely to self-delete if I add or subtract them manually.

I'm used to losing an item here or there on cleanup. That's why you save it. But I'm talking dozens of brushes sometimes. Any ideas?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Self-deleting brushes

Post by papercoffee »

that sounds really strange ...are you sure they got deleted and not hidden?
Chrysaor
Average

Post by Chrysaor »

Buggie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:07 am You need use v469c or you can suffer from bug: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/616
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'll give 469c another try, I guess.
that sounds really strange ...are you sure they got deleted and not hidden?
That's entirely possible. How would I know they're hidden? The brush count on rebuild is lower when it happens, so I assumed they were actually gone.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:23 pm that sounds really strange ...are you sure they got deleted and not hidden?
AFAIK even hidden Actors appear in the "find" window.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett