Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Screenshots

Post by EvilGrins »

That is pretty.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, the map looks very interesting :tu:
Zeddy_Ryan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 am 1) learning UnrealScript so I could write a mutator that lets me record (in a config file) ideal player counts for individual maps, so that whenever I start a match the mutator automatically sets the number of bots based on the data in the config file ...
There's a mutator that takes the recommended player count from LevelInfo and uses this to set the number of bots to play a map (I don't think it writes to a config file) - it's this bot-adder_981293f0.html and it might provide you with some ideas, etc.
Zeddy_Ryan
Novice

Post by Zeddy_Ryan »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:02 pm Yes, the map looks very interesting :tu:
Zeddy_Ryan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 am 1) learning UnrealScript so I could write a mutator that lets me record (in a config file) ideal player counts for individual maps, so that whenever I start a match the mutator automatically sets the number of bots based on the data in the config file ...
There's a mutator that takes the recommended player count from LevelInfo and uses this to set the number of bots to play a map (I don't think it writes to a config file) - it's this bot-adder_981293f0.html and it might provide you with some ideas, etc.
Thank you for this. I actually forgot to mention: my mutator already has the ability to read and (attempt to) interpret the IdealPlayerCount string from LevelInfo (provided I tell it to do get the playercount information that way instead of from the config file), but I ripped most of the functions for doing this straight from a mod called XMaps. I will take look at the mutator you have provided too, because it might be a better implementation. And of course, given that my mutator contains code taken from other people's work, it is only suitable for my personal use right now.

Anyway, I don't want to clutter up the screenshot thread with too much non-screenshot talk.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Sooo...

...like this?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

Map is complete but haven´t posted yet because I want to see any problems before posting it here, so for now here is how it looks now, soon it will be available to download in the forum

Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Post by Rikia »

1.png
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

Rikia wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:36 pm
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
Can't put more screenshots into one message.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Rikia wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:37 pmCan't put more screenshots into one message.
Actually you can, the limit you currently have is because you're uploading pics directly into the post... but if you host the images on another site and post them here, like I do in the Screenshots for Fun thread, you can post up to 15 screenshots.

Although, you may also find it advantageous to put the skin on a bot, so you can take shots of it from both sides and the front too.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

So, who is this? She looks pretty cool, tell us more! Another new model? What's the inspiration for her?
1.png
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:21 pm So, who is this? She looks pretty cool, tell us more! Another new model? What's the inspiration for her?
1.png
There is a long story, and all details you will get when I release this campaign map.
I plan to release every map separated, and there will be parts of this story.

There is a skin version for UT, that I released for everyone:
https://unrealarchive.org/models/unreal ... ca18d.html
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Tinkering with CTF-ToiletWars because it needed some fixing, one of ZenCoder's maps.

Sniper rifle for Blue Team was in a wall. No secret passage, no way to get at it... and way too high off the ground for anyone to reach.

1 of a number of little things that needed fixing.
Attachments
Shot0052.png
Shot0038.png
KAZY
Novice

Post by KAZY »

DM-[ASLY]-Deck16][-TXV2 - (WIP)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

DM-{VIP}]I[
:D
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

A little preview of a map I am working on it, still WIP but for now the bot support is working and the stage is going forward, some rooms to make and a basement area, it doesn´t show in the screenshot but I added fences using cubes instead of sheets because they are no solid on sheet no matter what I did.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

ASLY wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:28 pm...
:shock: WHAT THE HEY?! why did I just see this now? ...dude ...cut down the caffeine!!