LavaGiant Old and MetalDream Beta (among other things)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

LavaGiant Old and MetalDream Beta (among other things)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

But those two maps are arguably the best of this batch.

posting stuff I didn't finish last time around but now is ready:

as always read the readmes.

UTMetalDreamB
MetalDream Beta.

Both CTF Niven versions from betas:
utnivenpack

LavaGiant Old:
LavaGiant

Eternal Cave 221:
EternalOld

EtnernalCaves 222 version
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Re: LavaGiant Old and MetalDream Beta (among other things)

Post by UTNerd24 »

I was NOT expecting Beta Niven to have a Non Euclidean maze.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

UTNerd24 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:20 am I was NOT expecting Beta Niven to have a Non Euclidean maze.
Originally I didn't either, in fact given that the 222 beta niven had mostly Unreal items all through I thought it would just be a texturing difference at most but nope...the entire pool was slime so you had to use toxin suit and there was an area you could only access by boost or translocator and plus the maze...

Did anyone try the beta metaldream btw? I find its a really good map and previously I backported it into the older betas too. I mean here you have kind of opposite of Niven, there was water instead of slime and its a much complex map and you can travel between the water and the base through a long pipe that has a killing fan. Though I would have loved to see the previous version that had a crashed ship at the bottom of the lake.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Beta MetalDream is interesting with it's location based triggers. The retail version only has a announcement for Lift 3. However, this version has a full fledged 'Radar' In the central interior. The only announcement that seems to be missing is "Intruder detected in Main Oil Conduit", which makes much more sense with that pipe you can swim in.
These ports are fantastic! I hope current things work out on your side, cos I'm really into these beta collections. Take it easy though!
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

UTNerd24 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:42 am Beta MetalDream is interesting with it's location based triggers. The retail version only has a announcement for Lift 3. However, this version has a full fledged 'Radar' In the central interior. The only announcement that seems to be missing is "Intruder detected in Main Oil Conduit", which makes much more sense with that pipe you can swim in.
These ports are fantastic! I hope current things work out on your side, cos I'm really into these beta collections. Take it easy though!
Maybe you or someone else can turn it into an assault map, restore that and maybe even add a crashed spaceship and a lift to it with the underside of the oil rig openable, just an idea.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I decided to restore the lanterns for both the beta version of the lavagiant map and the released conversion/rework and...now that I have all the files transfered I am going to shoot myself because now that I examined the archive again, the one intended for the final ut is missing from the directory. Oh just fucking great. Where the hell did it end up? hope not in any of the other archives I uploaded. This is the result of me often having time to pack things at end of the day with me being completely exhausted, but its also bloody embarassing and I'd like to be shot now.

nolanternsface

I also don't know why I called the archive "face" when its lavagiant. Seems like that was not my best day...the one i packed that one at.

I did upload otherwise conversions of Cobalt, Reactor, Keep, TwilightUT, Frigate, KGalleonOld, NaliAirForce, Dreary and a bonus map "Splash" because there wasn't one actually faithful conversion yet of this.

But I'm not going to post that now because I feel my energy is at the lowest and we don't want any messups happenin here now....

Just great that the first archive I wanted to post is incomplete and lacks the actual map for final UT.

I will have to upload the archive for final ut separately another time...so for those who don't have the actual ut beta, ignore that archive I posted except for the readme file. because the new archive won't have the readme
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Now for the map that was supposed to be in the lantern archive for UT

CTF-UTLavaGiantOldL