DM-Giza

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: DM-Giza

Post by OjitroC »

Diablo wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:15 pm ... did anyone find the secret room?
I found it in the Editor and then looked for it in-game - as far as I can tell, there is no teleporter into it, no false/non solid wall into it and no mover (panel, door, wall) so I am not sure how one does get into it?
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

You could rename them like DM-GreatGizaDBL.unr , When I edit I save a lot, so I keep saving, be like, DM-GreatGizaDBL1 DM-GreatGizaDBL2 then 3,4,5 and so on as I make my map. I use RF. People won't open your map because if it has the same name and they don't want to screw up their files. Or how about "DM-DarkGizaDBL" or something, you always need to think of a different map name that does not exist. very important.

The other problem is, people won't try your map because they think that they already played it, with the same name.

Plus the bad map issue, it's all about learning the editor, so I just use DM-WhateverTEST then TEST1 TEST3
So we all know. Then after a few tests and make a correct functional map. That is why is really good to have people around who can tell you, from experience, We all have map troubles, it's never perfect, for all of us.

If you want to make it simple and fast, the rest of the map Must be correct, the basic things-any map, that is why we test our own maps before we say it's done.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yeah... I was in "secret room" aka passage (to nowhere) by using "ghost" and "walk" commands... I couldn't dance in there because it wasn't any music...

Random Dictionary
PASSAGE
= the action or process of passing from one place, condition, or stage to another.
= a corridor or lobby giving access to the different rooms or parts of a building or apartment
= etc.

Here "passage" is heading from a wall to another wall - I think is a room not a passage.
Diablo
Experienced
Personal rank: world's worst mapper

Post by Diablo »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:37 pm
Diablo wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:15 pm ... did anyone find the secret room?
I found it in the Editor and then looked for it in-game - as far as I can tell, there is no teleporter into it, no false/non solid wall into it and no mover (panel, door, wall) so I am not sure how one does get into it?
Use the ghost command and fly into the wall with the 4 colored hieroglyphic (the one that kinda looks like the 2008 era Windows logo) Looking back at it, it seems like a bad secret room and idk why I bothered placing a Redeemer there lol
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." -Xan Kriegor, 2341.