Skaarj getting stuck

Discussions about UT99
Tempura
Average
Personal rank: Shock Enthusiast

Skaarj getting stuck

Post by Tempura »

For reasons i dont know why, the custom skaarj models such as the troopers or the warriors keep getting stuck in mid air. They dont do anything until you shoot them, where they will be knocked back and act normal. Whats even more annoying is that theyve been acting perfectly fine before. Any idea why?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Skaarj getting stuck

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:18 pm For reasons i dont know why, the custom skaarj models such as the troopers or the warriors keep getting stuck in mid air. They dont do anything until you shoot them, where they will be knocked back and act normal. Whats even more annoying is that theyve been acting perfectly fine before. Any idea why?
Is this on a particular map?

They were acting perfectly OK before - the question is before what? What has changed?

Can you post a screenshot of this happening?

Anything in the log which may shed light on this?
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

Its any map.

Im not sure. im reinstalling ut just to see if it works again.

How do i post screenshots?

What log?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Tempura wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:18 pm For reasons i dont know why, the custom skaarj models such as the troopers or the warriors keep getting stuck in mid air. They dont do anything until you shoot them, where they will be knocked back and act normal. Whats even more annoying is that theyve been acting perfectly fine before. Any idea why?
That's a flaw of the 2nd version of Sktrooper models, happens annoyingly a lot.

One of the many reasons I stuck with Usaar33's original Oldskool; never happens with that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:30 pm
How do i post screenshots?

What log?
When writing a post, to post a screenshot (.jpg or .png) drag the file onto the white message area - a progress bar will open below the message area - when a green tick appears, click on Place Inline and the screenshot will be placed where your cursor is. Just experiment in a blank message and you will soon get the hang of it.

The log is UnrealTournament.log and it is in your /System folder. It pays to read it periodically, particularly after changing anything - even after adding new models to xBots or after playing a map for the first time. Personally, I read mine after every UT session irrespective of the length of time I've been playing.

Automatically merged

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:36 pm That's a flaw of the 2nd version of Sktrooper models, happens annoyingly a lot.
It happens with both the OldModels and the Unreal1models versions?

Shouldn't happen with the SkaarjWarrior Player/Bot model though?
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

Damn site doesnt let me upload so heres a link instead.

Where can i find the original models?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:16 pm Where can i find the original models?
Assuuming that you are using OldModels or UnrealIModels, then the original model is the SkaarjTrooper UnrealI Player model in UnrealI.u. As far as I know, that won't run in UT - hence the two versions of it which alter the code to UT's TournamentPlayer.

The original model for the Skaarj Warrior Player/Bot is the Skaarj Warrior ScriptedPawn in UnrealShare.u.

All of the Unreal ScriptedPawns that have been converted to TournamentPlayer/Bot can be found in either UnrealI or UnrealShare - open up the Editor and explore the Actor tree, looking under Pawn and you will find the orginal Scripted Pawns - you can view the meshes in UEd's MeshBrowser.

What's the HUD in your screenshot?
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:47 pm
Tempura wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:16 pm Where can i find the original models?
Assuuming that you are using OldModels or UnrealIModels, then the original model is the SkaarjTrooper UnrealI Player model in UnrealI.u. As far as I know, that won't run in UT - hence the two versions of it which alter the code to UT's TournamentPlayer.

The original model for the Skaarj Warrior Player/Bot is the Skaarj Warrior ScriptedPawn in UnrealShare.u.

All of the Unreal ScriptedPawns that have been converted to TournamentPlayer/Bot can be found in either UnrealI or UnrealShare - open up the Editor and explore the Actor tree, looking under Pawn and you will find the orginal Scripted Pawns - you can view the meshes in UEd's MeshBrowser.

What's the HUD in your screenshot?
Danes HUD. Lemme pull up the link.
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=& ... rch_mode=f
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:44 pmIt happens with both the OldModels and the Unreal1models versions?
Unreal1Models, yes... not familiar with OldModels.
OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:44 pmShouldn't happen with the SkaarjWarrior Player/Bot model though?
That's totally separate, shouldn't be an issue.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:46 pm Unreal1Models, yes... not familiar with OldModels.
OldModels has the UnrealI MaleOne/Two/Three and FemaleOne/Two plus the SKTrooper as Players and as Bots subclassed from Botpack.TournamentPlayer and Botpack.Bot respectively - made by Psychic_313 and UsAaR33.

In contrast, Unreal1Models has the UnrealMaleOne/Two/Three and FemaleOne/Two plus the SkTrooper and Nali as Players - subclassed from TournamentMale, TournamentFemale and TournamentPlayer respectively - no bots.
EvilGrins wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:46 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:44 pmShouldn't happen with the SkaarjWarrior Player/Bot model though?
That's totally separate, shouldn't be an issue.
The OP reports that the SkaarjWarrior is also stuck in the air sometimes - which is odd.
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

Ok im getting tired of this. It doesnt really matter how open the map is, the skaarj troopers will get stuck. Does anyone know where the version 1 of the skaarj troopers by usaar? I think i use the unreal1models, as i didnt see any custom bots prior to using them with xbots.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 pm Ok im getting tired of this. It doesnt really matter how open the map is, the skaarj troopers will get stuck. Does anyone know where the version 1 of the skaarj troopers by usaar? I think i use the unreal1models, as i didnt see any custom bots prior to using them with xbots.
The version from usaar is OldModels - can be found here.

Automatically merged

Be interested to see if that is any different.

I'm no expert but it looks to me that the functions PlayLanded and PlayInAir are not written correctly (in both OldModels and UnrealIModels). They are different to those functions in Botpack.TournamentPlayer but they would, as far as I know, supercede the TournamentPlayer functions and this may be the cause of the SkTrooper getting stuck in the air.
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

alright. Thanks

Automatically merged

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

Nope doesnt work. This is my first test. this is with smartstockbots, and they got stuck after rolling around for a bit.

Second test, without smartstockbots.

Aside from one who paused for a second and actually got himself out, no one is getting stuck. Time to contact buggie
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:17 am Nope doesnt work. This is my first test. this is with smartstockbots, and they got stuck after rolling around for a bit.

Second test, without smartstockbots.

Aside from one who paused for a second and actually got himself out, no one is getting stuck. Time to contact buggie
As a matter of interest, does the log say anything about the SkTrooperbots?

My previous comments on the functions related to the SkaarjTrooper Player - forgot to look at the Bot.

Looking at it now, the relevant Bot functions are basically the same as the SkaarjTrooper Player and so my comments do apply. Would be interesting if someone who knows about code had a look at it.
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ldmodels.u

Someone had this problem, and they fixed it themselves. Just plop it in system and your good to go.