transferring skins??

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: transferring skins??

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:19 pm Final question, do you know why his wings are translucent? Is it a engine limitation?
No, I don't ... the only major thing that is different compared to the Warlord ScriptedPawn is that the 3 values of LightColor of the ScriptedPawn are all zero (0), whereas for the Player/Bot they are fairly high positive numbers. The skin for both versions looks the same in the Texture Browser.

You could take a note of the values and then set them to 0 - see what happens in-game.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Tempura wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:29 amIts very purple.
Is it?
Attachments
Dirk-red.png
Dirk-red.png (12.81 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Dirk-green.png
Dirk-green.png (12.73 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Dirk-gold.png
Dirk-gold.png (12.74 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Dirk-blue.png
Dirk-blue.png (12.81 KiB) Viewed 621 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Tempura
Average
Personal rank: Shock Enthusiast

Post by Tempura »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:03 am
Tempura wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:29 amIts very purple.
Is it?
Purple must be no team color.
OjitroC wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:11 pm
Tempura wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:19 pm Final question, do you know why his wings are translucent? Is it a engine limitation?
No, I don't ... the only major thing that is different compared to the Warlord ScriptedPawn is that the 3 values of LightColor of the ScriptedPawn are all zero (0), whereas for the Player/Bot they are fairly high positive numbers. The skin for both versions looks the same in the Texture Browser.

You could take a note of the values and then set them to 0 - see what happens in-game.
Ill take a gander at it.

So i tried to do the sounds, and i did what you said, For each bot and player, i set the custom sounds using use and the sound browser, and then i saved it by ticking the box and saving. However, the warlord still sounds like a male.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:07 am So i tried to do the sounds, and i did what you said, For each bot and player, i set the custom sounds using use and the sound browser, and then i saved it by ticking the box and saving. However, the warlord still sounds like a male.
Odd, there shouldn't be a problem in assigning sounds. PM me the .u file and I'll have a look at it.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Tempura wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:07 amPurple must be no team color.
It currently has no team colors, but I used Dirk for UTDMW skins in team CTF4 so I needed all the colors.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:07 am So i tried to do the sounds, and i did what you said, For each bot and player, i set the custom sounds using use and the sound browser, and then i saved it by ticking the box and saving. However, the warlord still sounds like a male.
First, we are talking about the ALIEN_Warlord?

Second, are all the sounds like the male commando/soldier sounds?

I changed all the sounds in my ALIEN_Warlord Player to UnrealI Warlord sounds and they are all OK - jump, land, die, hurt etc all work and OK - the UnrealI Warlord sounds are played.

I also changed the color settings but that didn't make any different to the wings - still transparent. No idea why there I'm afraid.