Dependencies

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
~{kRiD}~
Average

Dependencies

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Hey guys. Been a while. Just wondering how I could go about removing dependencies from maps? Like say they use 2k4 pickups or something and I don't want them to....
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Dependencies

Post by Buggie »

Only modify map with remove all used stuff from unwanted package.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

OK, Listen

Open UT map editor,
Look at Actor Browser.
See,,, "show packages"

Below you will see what is loaded, The ONLY way is to find all the stuff that doesn't belong as UT stock files.

After getting rid of the package stuff , the the package should not be seen in packages once all the stuff from it in the map are gone and after exiting and restarting unrealED. Recheck packages to make sure they are gone.

ALSO in the bottom of the editor , type in "Texture cull" hit enter. might remove an old texture. then rebuild and save, close , restart editor reload map, see if they are gone.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A Tiny little small hint.

After doing what was told - perhaps several actors are wild (non stock) - not only Sounds and Textures.
Open Editor and load map. Go to "File" menu and pick "Export...". Choose a place and "t3d" as file extension if needed. Now close Editor and open something like a NotePad++ and look at exported T3D file, see what Actors are in map resident in which package. Those can be removed later - in next editing session. You can even build a list with them (COPY-PASTE) in another "txt" file.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Another easy way is to open the map in UTPT - Export Tree/Table gives you info on what's in the map - Import Tree/Table tells you what packages have been used and which contents of those package are used in the map.

I do this when I have decompressed a map from .uz to check if I have all the packages (textures, sounds, music, etc, etc) that the map needs to run. I can also go to the Editor to remove or replace anything in the map that I don't want.

So to remove 2k4 pickups - in the Editor, select them all and either Delete or replace them with whatever (easy to do in the 469c Editor) - then rebuild the pathnetwork.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Both those guys reminded me, in the editor just click on "Edit" and "Search.." it will show you a list, click on it, it brings you directly to that actor in the view port.
Binary Space Partitioning