False Positive for foxWSFix99.u

OpenRift
Novice
Personal rank: idk

False Positive for foxWSFix99.u

Post by OpenRift »

This is a console file that fixes some of the issues that UT99 has when running in widescreen. Some server's I've connected to boot me out for having it installed. I don't know if an exception has been made for this in later versions of anti-cheat, but I thought I'd just bring it up here.

Here's the file I'm referring to: https://github.com/alexstrout/foxWSFix-UT99
chat sniper
Novice

Re: False Positive for foxWSFix99.u

Post by chat sniper »

Widescreen is fully supported in all v469 community patch versions, and the first person viewmodel can be adjusted by tweaking the following settings in User.ini:

Code: Select all

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
DesiredFOV=95.000000
DefaultFOV=95.000000

Adjust the numbers to suit your preference.

All you had to do to get widescreen in older versions was set it in UnrealTournament.ini. This file is completely unnecessary. Even if it is a false positive, it shouldn't be used.
Masterkent
Novice

Post by Masterkent »

chat sniper wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:36 pm Widescreen is fully supported in all v469 community patch versions, and the first person viewmodel can be adjusted by tweaking the following settings in User.ini:
This file is completely unnecessary. Even if it is a false positive, it shouldn't be used.
In case if you don't use the hidden weapon mode, your first-person weapon view will be messed up under high FOV values. When using FOV 106.26 (which is optimal for 16:9) or 120.51 (which is optimal for 21:9), UT does not scale your weapon properly (very noticeable with WarheadLauncher) and the position of muzzle flash does not match the position of the weapon (very noticeable with Double Enforcer). 469c does not solve these issues at all.
chat sniper
Novice

Post by chat sniper »

Firstly, I appologise for what appears to be an error: the playerpawn fov setting as I described above seems to be deprecated in the latest versions of the game. I just tried it, and it completely mirrored the regular fov setting; i.e. players can no longer adjust the first person viewmodel independently of the regular fov.

With that said, I can't say my experience mirrors yours. I use an fov of 120 on a 16:9 monitor and have noticed no issues that would make me think the animations are broken. The plasma rifle's secondary fire partially comes from underneath the weapon itself, but it's barely even worth pointing out it's so minor. v469c.
Masterkent
Novice

Post by Masterkent »

I think, the difference between non-fixed and fixed views should be obvious enough
Double Enforcer - default.jpg
Double Enforcer - fixed.jpg
WarheadLauncher - default.jpg
WarheadLauncher - fixed.jpg
chat sniper
Novice

Post by chat sniper »

Like I said, my experience isn't matching yours. My game doesn't look like that.