~~The veterans~~

Discussions about Servers
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x
Average
Personal rank: Server owner (BT)

~~The veterans~~

Post by VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x »

Well as we all know the Veterans is a fairly old klan, and it was run and built up by UN||MaZ (VRN|C-18) and Shade. Me and MaZ are both in the "credit crisis" centre which unfortunatly collides with us becoming adults. I myself am 18 in april, and the problem is money is scarce. ESPECIALLY NOW.

I urge ALL OLD veterans, and visitors to be there at LEAST on the last day of maz's week btathon (lol) MaZ is an AMAZING bt'er he just wasn't the "showoff" that we see on youtube. He far surpasses me at BT skill, and i thought i was good.
Here is his announcement, can be found on "vrn-klan.org"

my chicago server will pop out of business.
it is now to announce that its agony has come to an end.
which means in detail that by the end of february clanservers.com will close my server.

i now reminisce those wonderful moments we had in the server, both, as UN and even more as VRN. the server will always remain in my mind as the manifestation of the positive energy i invested in the Veterans friends and family klan. please spell klan with K ok, thats kool.
me personally i had some of the most enjoyable, emotional, intellectual gaming and online-conversation experiences EVER on this gameserver; thus its meaning has reached a point of undescribability for me.
during my online.. well Record if you want, my agenda, my plans my experiences and achievements this server has always been a place to retreat, yes it kinda ressembles a resort.

i hope it had and will continue to have such a spiritual crystal in your virtual life as well.

why does it come to an end?
regardless, like you all know, my everyday life does not permit much gaming anymore it is no longer acceptable for me to put aside 13 euronen each calendar month.
if you calculate accumulatively youll come to the following conclusion 12x13€ = 156€ a year
so what does this number tell us.
nothin much, the most of you might say.
to the contrary, throughout economy crisis within europe which cause increased cost of livin the amount of roughly 150€ has become the amount to provide basic supplies for.. well SURVIVING.

ERGO: all in all the abandonment of my US Server saves me one fuckin month of life in the phase of building up a static base for my later existence on very planet very earth.

it might sound exaggerating and theatralic but hell, when you grow up or touch this circulating bloodsucking sphere we call modern life my words will hammer themselves back into your brain with a vengeance.

however this is what i call Veteran, and this is what made me build the klan up from scratch in late 06.
Veteran is the spiritual power you carry within your soul throughout your everyday life and which makes you cope with shit and stand your ground.

and this is why ill always keep in mind my server.
and why i invite you to play with me on it the early evenings NEXT WEEK.
16th-21st of february 09.

it is always why i am not sad.
keep in mind.
'Veteran' is why we live

it has never been a klan but a lifestyle

at least thats what it has been to me and what it will remain to be for me.

i hope this speech was able to express what was on my mind related to the downgo of my US Server and to give shape to the pile of thoughts and emotions i dug out for you.

love and peace on earth.

MaZ

If you have read this and have no idea what BT is, please don't worry yourself. But if you are part of the BT'ing community. Come :)

Server ip : 8.9.6.211

My server will remain open, but i won't be advertising it in this post. I feel it to be rude ^_^

UN|| is a CLan born from the ASHES of VRN. Remember. Shade Also pays for UN||'s site, so he is a busy guy :P

Check our clan site here : http://www.vrn-klan.com/ Enjoy!
VRN|C-18
Skilled

Re: ~~The veterans~~

Post by VRN|C-18 »

muchas gracias for the backing :gj:
Needle + UT + Sex = Life and some Blood -_-
banner made by myth 8)
what the fuck.. september11 woke me up.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

The Veterans... yes, it wasnt only a clan....it was a "klan", a big family. :) I will keep all these nice evenings on the server in my mind. This Server was the most favorite server for me (although i didnt play much there anymore...but i dont play much UT in general atm). VRN gave me the chance to meet some nice guys...some friends, from different countries. In VRN, i learned so much about the life...about different aspects of life. It was great for me. Also, VRN gave me the special feelings for UT.

Thanks for that, Maz. I exactly remember when we talked about VRN the first time...when everything started. I would love to play this map again next week, where we had our first talk. Maybe you remember it too. :)

I will be there!

==> 8.9.6.211

the early evenings NEXT WEEK.
16th-21st of february 09.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
VRN|C-18
Skilled

Post by VRN|C-18 »

EY were still alive HA!
i know it wasnt easy at the time i posted this and we still dont have that many active members. still its goin forward these days!
come and join us for some chillout bunnyhopping:

[ASC760]VRN BunnyTrack | The Chillingfieldz [ASC]

Server IP 217.163.31.110:7777

merry christmas
peace
MaZ
Needle + UT + Sex = Life and some Blood -_-
banner made by myth 8)
what the fuck.. september11 woke me up.