Rifle issue

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Tater
Average

Rifle issue

Post by Tater »

Hey all, I found a great sniper rifle but it allows the player to shoot straight while moving and not crouched. Can anyone tell me what the setting is called that allows that? It's a great rifle except for that and it fires too slow. The firing speed I can fix but I just can't find it in the code where that is set.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Rifle issue

Post by EvilGrins »

Tater wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:33 pmit allows the player to shoot straight while moving and not crouched
You may not be explaining it well, but doesn't that apply to all sniper rifles?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

I think what he is desiring is the answer to the question, "How can the rifle be made to be inaccurate when firing if the player is moving?" In other words what does he need to change to cause the rifle to only fire accurately if the player is still, and probably more so, motionless and in a crouched position.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Most of ut99 inventory, stock and modded, does not make difference whether player owner is moving, staying still or crouching down. This feature is hardcoded, only few mods out there have this...
One implementation example: 'NWVulcanVIII.Vulcan'.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

browndl wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:21 am I think what he is desiring is the answer to the question, "How can the rifle be made to be inaccurate when firing if the player is moving?" In other words what does he need to change to cause the rifle to only fire accurately if the player is still, and probably more so, motionless and in a crouched position.
Yes this is exactly what I want. I want the rifle to be accurate when crouched or still but if you're moving forward, backward, strafing or your feet aren't on the ground, (jumping), then it shoots very slow and the bullets aren't accurate at all. Just like a "sniper/camper" rifle should be.

I've gone over the script multiple times, compared it to other working rifles and cannot find anywhere. I don't want a "run and gun" rifle.

And EvilGrins, I wish to use the USMCSniperRifle and it shoots straight no matter what you do. I just want it to "act" like one of those "normal" sniper rifles.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I've managed to fix the firing speed and inaccuracy issue on it but, as usual, another issue rears it's ugly head. Now it won't allow you to switch from it. Not to xloc or another gun.