Winter Textures background (Docks-Mini)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Baardman
Skilled

Winter Textures background (Docks-Mini)

Post by Baardman »

So i was making Liandry-docks winter texture the with help of X-cellerator and other guys got released on their server,
now i was working on Docks-mini,

wanted to share the textures here if anyone likes to use the textures, the mountains backdrop can be usefull because the original texture is used in many maps.
i have them inside the MyLevel package of this map in progress.

i would like to add breakable ice in a future map but i dont know how to do that now yet, have not seen it in any map yet. would be cool.

was just thinking while posting this, maybe if anyone can tell me if its possible, could i make breakable glass but use ice texture and then use it as ice sheets on the water so players can walk on it and other players can shoot it? never seen it in a map yet.
Attachments
screenshot3.jpg
CTF-Docks-mini_Winter9.7z
(7.61 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Baardman
Skilled

Re: Winter Textures background (Docks-Mini)

Post by Baardman »

updated screenshot, not complete yet. but looking better i think.

Attachments
screenshot3.jpg
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice looking map :tu:
Baardman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:54 pm i would like to add breakable ice in a future map but i dont know how to do that now yet, have not seen it in any map yet. would be cool.

was just thinking while posting this, maybe if anyone can tell me if its possible, could i make breakable glass but use ice texture and then use it as ice sheets on the water so players can walk on it and other players can shoot it? never seen it in a map yet.
Assuming you have a water zone under your ice...

Yes. Cut a hole in the ice.

Fill it with movers that look like shards of broken ice. (or, when fitted together look like a plain sheet of ice).

If anyone steps on it (BumpOpenTimed mover) it or shoots it (ShootTrigger), the shards tumble away, or float back to the surface to form a foot path.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Mover can't touch other mover
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Baardman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:54 pm i would like to add breakable ice in a future map but i dont know how to do that now yet, have not seen it in any map yet. would be cool.
Map MH-Canyon has breakable ice.
Attachments
MH-Canyon.unr.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

Barbie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:26 pm MH-Canyon has breakable ice.
Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it. Im going to look into it if im at home.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

Anyone wants to test the latest updated map?
Attachments
ctf-docks-mini-winter-v1.7z
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by Baardman on Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Baardman wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:43 am Anyone wants to test my latest updated map?
Really nice map! Solid fun play.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Probably the hardest map to take the flag, even with the ice platforms LOL, really liked the latest version though!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

This: viewtopic.php?p=51481#p51481 is a pretty old mod I did way back but it would fit your use case by being a simple solution. If you need help drop me an email and I'll see what I can do. I very rarely login here to see PM's.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

JackGriffin wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:22 pm
This: viewtopic.php?p=51481#p51481 is a pretty old mod I did way back but it would fit your use case by being a simple solution. If you need help drop me an email and I'll see what I can do. I very rarely login here to see PM's.
thank you very much appreciated, i downloaded it and i will look into it.

glad people liked it, if someone wants to use the textures no problem, maybe backdrop textures can be used for other maps also.