Eldorado server Characters???

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
dd_death
Novice

Re: Eldorado server Characters???

Post by dd_death »

Hi, I m the author of all the models and weapons on EL DORADO server.
So you guys want to remake all the models and give yourself credit, shame on you.

I will release all the models in future and keeps adding/updating new stuff to my servers.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

dd_death wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:24 pm Hi, I m the author of all the models and weapons on EL DORADO server.
So you guys want to remake all the models and give yourself credit, shame on you.

I will release all the models in future and keeps adding/updating new stuff to my servers.
Hi - the models and weapons all look great - must have been an incredible amount of work :gj:

I am sure that everyone on here would be more than grateful if and when you do release the models - I certainly would be.

I would just respectfully point out that nothing anyone has said in this thread suggests that people are looking to take credit for making the models (or indeed for remaking them - the main point in packaging the models individually would be to reduce the size and number of the dependencies required to run them).
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:15 pm
dd_death wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:24 pm Hi, I m the author of all the models and weapons on EL DORADO server.

Hi - the models and weapons all look great - must have been an incredible amount of work :gj:

I am sure that everyone on here would be more than grateful if and when you do release the models - I certainly would be.

I would just respectfully point out that nothing anyone has said in this thread suggests that people are looking to take credit for making the models (or indeed for remaking them - the main point in packaging the models individually would be to reduce the size and number of the dependencies required to run them).

Actually the only thing they've made were the Code. The models are actually ports. Also keep in mind this person automatically assumed the worst and is the reason the U packages crash your editor.

If the models were unique and special I'd have abstained from wanting to allow others to use them. But they are re-packaged and obfuscated models from UT2004 that were ported to UT.

As OjitroC mentioned no one is claiming anything is theirs because that would be wrong. The real credit goes to the original authors of the models from 2004. Epic and other custom model makers.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
dd_death
Novice

Post by dd_death »

If the models were unique and special I'd have abstained from wanting to allow others to use them. But they are re-packaged and obfuscated models from UT2004 that were ported to UT.
UT character is not only a mesh, but a combination of mesh, animations, skins and code.
I would say, why not using original models from UT2004, instead of using from my files. Also use original animations from UT2004.
Better to wait for the release which will be done soon. Some features (music with dances etc) need to be added before release
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

dd_death wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:04 pm
UT character is not only a mesh, but a combination of mesh, animations, skins and code.
I would say, why not using original models from UT2004, instead of using from my files. Also use original animations from UT2004.
You're right of course - the previous attempts at porting models (and weapons) from UT2004 have not, with due respect to their authors, been particularly good. It is the quality of execution in that combination of mesh, animations, sins and code, plus the sheer volume, that makes your work so impressive.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

dd_death wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:04 pm

Yeah good idea. If only there was even 1 good step by step tutorial availble somewhere on the internet on how to do this.. :?
dd_death
Novice

Post by dd_death »

Duke Nukem Forever Character

I have uploaded same to Unreal Archive but don't know when it will appear there.
Other Character packs coming soon
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

dd_death wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:15 pm Duke Nukem Forever Character
Thanks for that - looks good. Gave it go - works well - got this in the log

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: ELD Player::Possess - cannot replace speechwindow

Error: ELD_DNF1 DM-(BSC) Zeitkind EdRev.ELD_DNF12 (Function Botpack.ChallengeVoicePack.ClientInitialize:0146) Accessed array 'NameSound' out of bounds (255/4)
Error: ELD_DNF1 DM-(BSC) Zeitkind EdRev.ELD_DNF12 (Function Botpack.ChallengeVoicePack.ClientInitialize:0163) Accessed array 'NameTime' out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptLog: ELD Player: AP: ELD_Char_Base.DD_AnimMale
Log: pDD_UTDukeNukem DM-(BSC) Zeitkind EdRev.pDD_UTDukeNukem0 (Function ELD_Char_Base.ELD_XPMale.PlayTaunt:0070) PlayAnim: Sequence 'None' not found in Mesh 'ELD_DukeN'
Log: pDD_UTDukeNukem DM-(BSC) Zeitkind EdRev.pDD_UTDukeNukem0 (Function ELD_Char_Base.ELD_XPMale.PlayTaunt:0070) PlayAnim: Sequence 'None' not found in Mesh 'ELD_DukeN'
I think the VP entries 'array out of bounds' were when I opened the Voice Menu and played a lot of the voice clips and the PlayAnim:Sequence 'None' entries were when I cycled through the Poses, etc.

The first entry (cannot replace speechwindow) may (or may not) be related to these two lines in the log which I have not seen before

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: ELD Player::Possess - C.Root == None - creating Root
ScriptLog: Creating root window: umenu.UMenuRootWindow
dd_death
Novice

Post by dd_death »

hmm, dance moves with default keys (H,J,K,L) are working as normal, and with feign death key also.
I will check the issue of speech window. Thanks for feedback   
Auto merged new post submitted 14 minutes later
Fixed