Eldorado server Characters???

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Baardman
Skilled

Eldorado server Characters???

Post by Baardman »

Anyone can explain this to me? I joined this server today and they have pretty high detailed characters and animations.
How did they do this? it seems to work totally different then normal UT99 characters, you can even change characters in the menu.
tried to find this models to play offline but i cant find anything, very peculiar.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Re: Eldorado server Characters???

Post by SilverSound »

That's the UT2004 Skeleton and animations. SkeletalMesh stuff. UT can support these models easily via SkeletalMesh support.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

SilverSound wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:00 pm That's the UT2004 Skeleton and animations. SkeletalMesh stuff. UT can support these models easily via SkeletalMesh support.
why cant i find them on the internet to download client side? you would think such models with complex animations would be more popular and known.
they seem to have some sort of server side player setup. wich seems to overwrite your normal player setup while connected to the server only, as shown in the video.
do they not want people to download them? maybe because they want to have this characters unique to their servers so people play on their servers more?
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Yeah and the .U files error out your editor and won't generate int files with UCC.
It's petty especially when it's a bunch of 2k4+ models ported over.

You can load the models if you manually add the objects to the int.

Code: Select all

[Public]

Object=(Name=ELD_MChars.pDD_UTDukeNukem,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.TournamentPlayer,Description="DukeNukem")

Object=(Name=ELD_TauntPack002.ELD_DNF1,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="DukeNukem")

[DukeNukem]
MenuName="Duke Nukem"

Here's what you need in ELD_MChars.int for example to load duke and his voicepack.

You can find the names of the classes in UTPG and manually type them out.

If someone with the know how can post a way to fix the .u files that were obfusticated.

Code: Select all

=======================================
ucc.exe: UnrealOS execution environment
Copyright 1999 Epic Games Inc
=======================================

TextBuffer ELD_TauntPack002.ELD_DNF1.ScriptText: Serial size mismatch: Got 10, Expected 9.

History: LoadObject <- (TextBuffer ELD_TauntPack002.ELD_DNF1.ScriptText 154014==154014/7017864 154004 9) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UDumpIntCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Press any key to continue . . .
There's a -5 on the scripts text file buffer for this and that's all it takes to crash your editor or UCC

it's sad that a server would be desperate enough to take ported models and make it impossible to load so people can't use them.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

i suppose if you have this files then you would be able to use DukeNukem high poly model in game, if someone want to confirm i really appreciate it and i hope i can make some people happy with it.
the model is fully working in in my installation.
DukenukemHQ.7z
(5.98 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
on my Google drive

let me know if you want all the other characters or maybe i will upload them next time anyway here for people.

many thanks for guys on Discord helping me.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Baardman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:41 pm
let me know if you want all the other characters or maybe i will upload them next time anyway here for people.
Thanks for posting that model - haven't tried it yet but I will do :rock:

It would certainly be interesting to see the other ones!   
Auto merged new post submitted 1 hour 12 minutes later
Sadly that model won't load as it is missing 2k4NewDeath which looks like it is a .uax package.

There are also a bunch of other packages that are probably required - ELD_Media10 through to 17 (mostly meshes) plus ELD_Core (a u file with the base DD_TPlayer class) and DD_ElDoradoV220 (code for the various Player classes).

As already noted the packages won't open in the Editor which rather limits their usefulness - pity as there are dozens of models!
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:32 pm

Sadly that model won't load as it is missing 2k4NewDeath which looks like it is a .uax package.

There are also a bunch of other packages that are probably required - ELD_Media10 through to 17 (mostly meshes) plus ELD_Core (a u file with the base DD_TPlayer class) and DD_ElDoradoV220 (code for the various Player classes).

As already noted the packages won't open in the Editor which rather limits their usefulness - pity as there are dozens of models!

Yeah there are a lot of dependencies. You'd need to join the server at least once to get them all and then extract with your cache extractor of choice.

There are a lot and I mean A LOT of models. They were bunged up by the mod author sadly. UTPT will do the trick for you if you want to look at the models and export them.

There are some skeletal meshes that don't have an animation file or pawn yet.

The pawns they made are so convoluted you'd be better off making a custom pawn that is standardized. A lot of their code is specifically for server bs on 451.

I do have a zip file containing all of them though if I could find a way to upload a 500mb file
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

SilverSound wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:20 am

Yeah there are a lot of dependencies. You'd need to join the server at least once to get them all and then extract with your cache extractor of choice.

There are a lot and I mean A LOT of models. They were bunged up by the mod author sadly. UTPT will do the trick for you if you want to look at the models and export them.

There are some skeletal meshes that don't have an animation file or pawn yet.

The pawns they made are so convoluted you'd be better off making a custom pawn that is standardized. A lot of their code is specifically for server bs on 451.

I do have a zip file containing all of them though if I could find a way to upload a 500mb file

If you have all those files ready please do.
Mediafire or Google drive can upload bigger filesizes.

I think this are all the cached files from that server from that server but im not sure

Auto merged new post submitted 21 minutes later

I made a 7zip file archive and uploaded a archive on my Google drive for the missing files you mention.
Could be there are still missing .INT files but i have no idea how that works and why its not downloaded or made from the cache files.

i also uploaded the same files but as folder to my Google drive so you can see exactly wich files are in it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

None of these solutions are viable for long term storage though.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

SilverSound wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:53 am None of these solutions are viable for long term storage though.
Yes, ideally it would be nice to have all characters seperately and upload them to Unreal archive but i dont have the knowledge how to do that yet ( i was even strugling with a .INT for my Goggins skin)

Mediafire does keep the files the longest i think. No auto delete. I found old files linked on forums their from years ago.

I dont know what the size limit is on Unreal archive.
Maybe its better to upload there if possible.
I think Unreal archive also has some Mappacks so why not Characterpacks?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Am I right in thinking that none of the u packages contain any bot code? I've looked at several using UTPT and it seems that all the models are subclassed from ELD's various Player classes.

Given that the code is obfuscated, the only way to package the models individually would be to extract each mesh and related skin and import these into new separate u packages - time-consuming to say the least given the number of models and the current complex organisation of code, meshes, textures and sounds in different but related packages.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm Am I right in thinking that none of the u packages contain any bot code? I've looked at several using UTPT and it seems that all the models are subclassed from ELD's various Player classes.

Given that the code is obfuscated, the only way to package the models individually would be to extract each mesh and related skin and import these into new separate u packages - time-consuming to say the least given the number of models and the current complex organisation of code, meshes, textures and sounds in different but related packages.

I think you are right that its alot of work. Seems like you need to compile a package with extracted psk and psa and textures and compile with new code.

I can extract the models and textures but i dont know how to make code (.UC and .INT ) yet.
I never made a character model for Unreal Tournament before.
so I dont know the exact progress and coding part.

I can try to extract all models and textures and sort them out and then upload them again.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I don't think the code itself for Tournamentplayer and Bot would be too much of a problem given that the models would be subclassed from the relevant skeletalchars (?) parent classes - the issue would be ensuring that the animation sequences that the models have are called in that code - this may require some renaming of sequences in the code and certainly careful checking and testing.

The approach to this that seems to have been adopted in the ELD 'characters', and I say this after looking at only a few of the classes in a few of the u packages, is to use a u package with functions that make 'global' changes to several of their TournamentPlayer subclasses 'in one go' as it were.

One positive does seem to be that UTPT decompiles the script well enough for it to followed (and reproduced?) reasonably easily enough.

Still a daunting amount of work though to extract all those models and produce new, separate packages.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:41 pm I don't think the code itself for Tournamentplayer and Bot would be too much of a problem given that the models would be subclassed from the relevant skeletalchars (?) parent classes - the issue would be ensuring that the animation sequences that the models have are called in that code - this may require some renaming of sequences in the code and certainly careful checking and testing.

The approach to this that seems to have been adopted in the ELD 'characters', and I say this after looking at only a few of the classes in a few of the u packages, is to use a u package with functions that make 'global' changes to several of their TournamentPlayer subclasses 'in one go' as it were.

One positive does seem to be that UTPT decompiles the script well enough for it to followed (and reproduced?) reasonably easily enough.

Still a daunting amount of work though to extract all those models and produce new, separate packages.
i dont know exactly what you mean but i found out there are only 2 skeletal characters/rigs that are used for all their models, male and female wich are animated, thats all i know.
would that mean you only need 2 sets of source code that you can use for all models?

i just tried it in Maya and 3dsMax for Dukenukem, imported the ELD_DukeN.psk then the DD_NewMaleA.psa and all animations were working.

this are the psk and psa and texture for Dukenukem model
DukeHQ_psk_psa.7z
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
duke_all_textures.7z
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm Am I right in thinking that none of the u packages contain any bot code? I've looked at several using UTPT and it seems that all the models are subclassed from ELD's various Player classes.

The bot characters are in a different package with a different prefix on the class names.

If you have all the files you can easily use all the models if you manually fill out all the required INT Object entries.

If you can fix the offset on the script file buffer you can open it in Unreal ed. I just have no understanding on how to fix that. It seems a simple hex edit breaks and fixes it but eh.

Much easier to just write out the INT objects manually.   
Auto merged new post submitted 1 hour 16 minutes later

Here is a link to the Packages btw. Not sure how long Drive will last but it's best I can do for now.