skin does not show up

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Baardman
Skilled

skin does not show up

Post by Baardman »

Can someone please help me, i made a skin for ggmale with skinmaker but it does not show up, i tried in 2 different installations, but none of them work.
the >INT and .UTX files are placed in the correct folders.

This is the .INT files contents Skinmaker made

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=ggmale2Skins_goggins.gmal1goggins,Class=Texture,Description="goggins")
Object=(Name=ggmale2Skins_goggins.gmal2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=ggmale2Skins_goggins.gmal3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=ggmale2Skins_goggins.gmal4,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=ggmale2Skins_goggins.gmal5,Class=Texture)
and the .UTX
ggmale2Skins_goggins.7z
(150.02 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
I added ggmale in a map inside Unreal editor and added the textures wich worked fine as seen in this screenshot, but somehow i can not select it in the game.

------------edit----------------

seems it works now but i still dont know what i did wrong, the only way its working is using an existing skin and importing all the textures in that texture package and replacing them with the same name.

Attachments
gogginsUT99.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: skin does not show up

Post by EvilGrins »

Baardman wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:14 amonly way its working is using an existing skin and importing all the textures in that texture package and replacing them with the same name.
Sounds rife to cause file conflicts that way.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:58 am
Baardman wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:14 amonly way its working is using an existing skin and importing all the textures in that texture package and replacing them with the same name.
Sounds rife to cause file conflicts that way.
Yes but i could not think of any other way. I made the .int file exactly
how it should be but it just does not work. I saved it with a knew name though so it should not
Conflict.
Somehow i always have this weird problems.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The ggmale2.u and ggmale2skin.utx files in the archive above are both different in size and content to the old originals that I have - the u file has an additional/new function and the utx contains Team skins, unlike the original. Using the new u file locally has not, as yet, given rise to any issues.

Just thought I would point this out so people can make an informed decision on whether to use those files or not.

The David Goggins skin works fine - an ultramarathon runner fits the fairly manic animations of that model pretty well. I've turned him into a scripted pawn along with The Crow that I had forgotten was in the original ggmale2 u file.
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:05 pm The ggmale2.u and ggmale2skin.utx files in the archive above are both different in size and content to the old originals that I have - the u file has an additional/new function and the utx contains Team skins, unlike the original. Using the new u file locally has not, as yet, given rise to any issues.

Just thought I would point this out so people can make an informed decision on whether to use those files or not.

The David Goggins skin works fine - an ultramarathon runner fits the fairly manic animations of that model pretty well. I've turned him into a scripted pawn along with The Crow that I had forgotten was in the original ggmale2 u file.

Thanks for clearing that up. The ggmale files i included should indeed not conflict
because i did not change them ( dont know why they are different then yours though)
Only thing i did was usin an INT and UTX of another skin for ggmale (sweatme or something)
and imported the textures for Goggins in there and then save it with a new name. So
Its impossible to conflict.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Baardman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:38 pmOnly thing i did was usin an INT and UTX of another skin for ggmale (sweatme or something)
and imported the textures for Goggins in there and then save it with a new name. So
Its impossible to conflict.
Oh, I misunderstood.

When I was skinning with Unrealed I couldn't make new files with it directly, so I took existing .int & .utx and renamed them then replaced the textures and updated the content of the .int to match.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758