VoiceTMR.umx

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

VoiceTMR.umx

Post by Barbie »

What magic is needed to play this UMX music? (Test map with music file attached)
Attachments
TestMusicVoiceTMR.7z
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: VoiceTMR.umx

Post by UTPe »

I can play it by using AIMP (https://www.aimp.ru)
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It also plays OK in VLC.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

For me music play in UnrealEd and in game too. I use OpenAL.
However, it is not real tracker music. it just wav as one sample, which start play at start, after goes empty sheets, which end, when this sample ended.
Typical conversion wav to "tracker" music.   
Auto merged new post submitted 1 minute later
Music played online here: https://tactical-ops.eu/explorer/
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Thanks for answers!
It turned out that I had two different files named VoiceTMR.umx: the one as given in above link and attachment (SHA1 Hash bfc2b9064a2fa07a49dcd1cc5353a4aa6951aa0f), living in a separate project directory.

The other file lives in one of the UT's path for MUSIC folders:

Code: Select all

Name: VoiceTMR.umx
Size: 91881 Bytes (89 KiB)
SHA1: 7c895640e6a13ce371c7c6352eb0d541fa4330a3
Date: 05 Feb 2015 16:24:20
identical to TodKrall.umx. But I've got no idea how it has got the wrong name. :???:

If I now replace the ladder with the former file in the UT MUSIC folder, the MusicEvent in the map plays the music correctly.   
Auto merged new post submitted 27 minutes later
As I see there are 3 sequences, but the MusicEvent in the test map plays only the first. How to play the other two (instantly after each other)?
Attachments
VoiceTMR-Sequences.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It already used. On first sheet you see one note, for play one sample. Next two is just empty sheets, for make enough delay for sample ended.
So it already play in loop. You can start play in OpenMPT for see how it is work.
In game it will be same.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:12 pm In game it will be same.
Have you tried the attached test map? There IMO only the first sequence is played by the MusicEvent. (The MusicEvent plays ~ 40 sec, OpenMPT plays ~180 sec.)
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Yes. I erase singleplayer from gametype on it. Other keep same. For me it play same in OpenMPT and in game (OpenAL). Near 2 minutes.
According to length divided to frequency, these sample 117 seconds long, so all match.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Ok, with OpenAL it plays full length now. So I must have used another audio driver before; I just tested with "Galaxy 3D" and that plays only the first part (~40 s).