Apparently, I suck. So nothing's changed!

Discussions about Servers
Prot
Novice

Apparently, I suck. So nothing's changed!

Post by Prot »

So this weekend I decided that's it for UT3. Couldn't stand any part of it, but lord knows I tried.

I really got into some good ol' school CTF servers this weekend.... as Prot. I could hardly find any North American CTF servers that did not feature, space ships, flying, Instagib, mega redeemers, or some goofy mods.

I did find this TS clan server that featured CTF with no mods. I was shocked... literally every second of the game. It appears while I took a massive break from UT99, everyone else got a lot better.

I was shocked how everyone knew every aspect of the game so well. Shock combo's on the run, piston jumping, one shotting sniper flag runs, just incredible stuff.

I ran into another Canadian who told me the regular CTF servers are hard to find in North America, but he gave me some great links (thanks to Maggggggggg) to hardcore, pure, CTF servers... In Germany. So I logged in and got owned by German guys for half an hour more until I had enough. (I couldn't ping under 260 there anyway.)

So yea, I still suck immensely. Glad to see nothing has changed!!! I just wish there were a few more regular ctf servers out there! But I was glad to see the UT community seems strong, and vibrant. Though it seems moreso in Europe than here, but good for them. They know a good thing when they see it.

Now I admit I blow chunks, but I could see the strength of the average online player being pretty intimidating to the average new guy though.
Sybarite

Re: Apparently, I suck. So nothing's changed!

Post by Sybarite »

True story!
It's rarely a walk in the park anymore as it used to be :D
Darkwain

Re: Apparently, I suck. So nothing's changed!

Post by Darkwain »

Im back after a long time away too, to say i get destroyed is to say the least, im jus going to have to practice a lot more