Server with no anticheat (ITS NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE)

Discussions about Servers
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Server with no anticheat (ITS NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE)

Post by zacman »

Uh, does anyone know any *GOOD* servers with no Anticheat? Everytime I play a server, I get disconnected, and had no idea why... UNTIL I tried to join an assault server, and my console opened and informed me that I was being kicked off for using a cheat system (Which I am not) Try as I might, I cannot find the source of the error, so the only way I can play online is on servers with no anticheat, and I don't want to join one of those noob servers which is 24/7 DM-Barricade or something like that...

can anyone help?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Re: Server with no anticheat (ITS NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE)

Post by rohitggarg »

I think the prob is due to the modding that you must have tried on some standard packages..

What i would suggest is keep two copies of UT on your machine.. Helps put a separator when you waana play and when you waana work for a change :)
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

Well the thing is I've never changed the standard packages, and if you do, you don't get Anticheated, you just get fail launching URL (Uanthology gets this for UGold for the Unreali and Unrealshare files)

Also, I no longer have my UT99 CD (Well, I do, but the back of it looks like a Velociraptor walked on it) so I can't make a seperate install...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Even without changing packages directly, they can be messed up by many mods installed, mostly by Total Conversions (don't ask me why, but it seems it's really like that since I have one of the 4 UT installs messed up due to many mods and TCs, I just didn't delete it because I am constantly seeking textures and resources in the middle of that madness LOL).

Also, just download the demo and aplly the no delta patch, a done, and brand new UT install. And it's not illegal (after all, the patch was made by Epic, so they should have worried about that before lol).

EDIT: Also, although Epic is still the owner of UT and didn't open sourced it, they no longer support it or give a sh*t about. Just see their forums (you will only see UT2004, UT3 and GoW).