Hello from France !

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
GodRage
Novice

Hello from France !

Post by GodRage »

Hello everybody !Image
First, excuse my bad english, and correct my faults if you can (by mp or by reply in this topic).

So ... i played UT99 in 1999, it was a very good game, with mythic musics. And... today, musics still mythics for me, and the UT99 still a very good game. But since somes years, i play only in instagb. Image Before i played often in the mod "Sniper only".
Due to my low internet connexion, i played a total of 5 hours in 10 years online. But today ... i've a better one ... is a 512k very low for UT99 ? (on ut2003 i had around 150 ping ...)
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Re: Hello from France !

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Welcome, GodRage. Hope you like it here.

Ah, ping. You should be looking more at packet loss (%loss) in some games, and at ping stability. If your ping is bouncing all over the map (say from 50-100), then you will have issues. What you need for a good game is a steady data stream, I have been in games with a ping of 200+ and had nearly as smooth of performance as in games with 50 if the loss is low and the ping is stable. :)
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
GodRage
Novice

Post by GodRage »

Thanks for your reply, Sergeant Todd ! :)
I just tried some on-line games, and my ping is stable :), but how can i see the "packet loss (%loss)" ? In the console board i suppose ... I'll try this tomorrow.

I've a new question ... how can i filter the internet servers by "instagb mod" ? or ... Is there a way to hide all "without mod" servers ? ^^
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

Hiya..

Instagib gametypes are generally found in LMS....coz no-one hosts instagib DM as far as i know.. I would suggest look for zero ping enabled servers in LMS section. Mostly they are insta.

Press F6 during game to look at net specifics. You will find 2-3 things of interest there... btw 512k rocks with ut99. You should think of making your own server on that speed :tongue:
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
GodRage
Novice

Post by GodRage »

Thanks ! Yes, the F6 key give me the % of packet loss ... it's 0%, so it's good !! :)
And, all right for instagb ... I have only to "Favourites" them :)
Thanks for all :)

edit : I've a last question ... is it possible to do a screenshot without return to windows ?
Because i didn't find any hotkey for this ... the only way i know is to push "Impr écran Syst" and to paste it in paintbrush ... And my computer take around 20 seconds to go to windows ... so it's a little horrible.
So, how take a screenshot and stay in UT99 ? (but if possible without an other program)
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

One of the F buttons automaticly creates a screenshot and saves it into your UT Directory (Don't remember which one)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
GodRage
Novice

Post by GodRage »

Exact ... i tested them offline, it's F9.
(i hate use F keys, because we can push a bad one and ... ahave surprise !)

Thanks zacman :) Now i've no more questions :)

so ...

F 1 = Scores info
F 2 = Infos server
F 3 = ?
F 4 = Servers hotkey
F 5 = View change
F 6 = Net stats (loss packets, ...) Online games only
F 7 = ?
F 8 = ?
F 9 = Screenshot (bmp placed in the .../UT99/System/ directory)
F10 = Cancel (DL for online game only)
F11 = "Mise en mémoire cache provisoire" (in french..)
F12 = switch full-screen/windows-screen