MH-SP-Antalius

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

MH-SP-Antalius

Post by Creavion »

Good timing, isn`t it? Today is St Nicholas and if you do not care for beeing spoiled (Vandoras Secret Passage), read on:
DL: http://www.filefront.com/15065457/MH-SP-Antalius.zip/
Screenshot: click here
Whats that: A map release from me, surprise?! It contains a single pretty linear designed single player map.

Actually I wanted to release that map only as Monsterhunt map, because it is pretty short but then I thought it could not hurt to release also a sp version. So in other words: One map in two versions. (Monsterhunt and sp).
My goal was to have maximum gameplay for that short .. fun (I hope I am allowed to say that). The map was tested by 2 persons to avoid - if possible - most frustrating gameplay lacks.
Through the lack of non-existing translator events or other typicial elements which gives a sp map some atmosphere, I do not count that sp as a real sp. Like my full sp will have.. one day?! this map also offers fully S3TC support (although it can not keep up with the quality you know from DieHard), everything tested (I hope it), download links available in the readme (under the following directory:

\help\MH-SP-Antalius\). Everything else can be found in the readme.
Anyway Mods like Firestorm are close to be released. The question is now: Is the community after that still interested in smaller projects like this. My question is not causeless. So if you like it, plz let me read some posts. This would make me happy (:

Edit 2: In the meantime the owner (Turboman) of "insekt.u" has updated his package. Now it works with D3D.
DL here: http://www.mediafire.com/?tznttddw0rk
Nevertheless, D3D8 or D3D9 Driver DL Page:
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Re: MH-SP-Antalius

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Oh goodie goodie. A new MH map!! :agree1:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Downloads it. Opens it. Jumps around in a jungle of overgrown vegetation and random animals. Almost dies at beginning then enjoys the walk in the park. Arrives to the end and starts ghosting around... DID I MISS SOMETHING? More important question, how does a titan fit in there?

The whole thing is a rushed release just to make this good timing. Let's just take a non relevant piece out of 'Vandoras Secret Passage' and release it as it whit a few more monsters here and there. What does the title mean anyway? (edit: ahh, the reference to that ut2k3 map)

No, the community does not know what Firestorm is since the community is as fragmented as possible and everyone is dieing to see a full uncensored release of Vandora's Secret Passage.

Have a nice St Nicholas day everyone!
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

The map is pretty small, I tried to "scretch" the play time a little bit.
@Animals: Well yes, I nearly used everything I had there. In the later "full" version the gameplay of this map will surely not be as like it is here. I admit, it is pretty chaotic.
@Titan = Animal. :tongue: I had no other choice as I searched for a "boss". I guess, the Skaarj Queen would really not fit.
@Firestorm: Well at least on unrealsp.org and oldunreal.com, one of the maybe the most requested and expected sp mod.
Its hard to survive today... :/
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

The defect insekt.u package was now in the meantime updated by Turboman and works now with D3D.
About to be non-active
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Definitly have to check out this Map ! If I would just have that MUCH time I want... TIME, TIME, TIME... :roll: