[INFO] Beta-Testers

Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Re: [INFO] Beta-Testers

Post by Saya-chan »

Oh, BTW. Sign me up for XGraphics too, now that I remember...
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Already done ;)

Anybody else interested in the Physics Engine and the UnrealAvatar Gameplay System ?
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Ok time's over, at the end of March, no matter at which state the SDK is, I'm going to release an internal beta of the SDK, maybe progress will be even better with you guys having an eye on everything !

So mark 31.03.2010 on your Calender :D
From there on I'll provide a weekly Update until we can say we can go Open Beta ! (Hopefully early/mid-summer 2010)
After the first initial release of the Open Beta there'll be Monthly Updates/Patches, just like for the UDK
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Shadow wrote:Ok time's over, at the end of March, no matter at which state the SDK is, I'm going to release an internal beta of the SDK, maybe progress will be even better with you guys having an eye on everything !

From there on I'll provide a weekly Update until we can say we can go Open Beta ! (Hopefully early/mid-summer 2010)
After the first initial release of the Open Beta there'll be Monthly Updates/Patches, just like for the UDK
I can't resist. Can I be in the internal beta?
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

[did]Madis wrote:
Shadow wrote:Ok time's over, at the end of March, no matter at which state the SDK is, I'm going to release an internal beta of the SDK, maybe progress will be even better with you guys having an eye on everything !

I can't resist. Can I be in the internal beta?
Just go to the first post of this thread, get yourself a suitable section (I prefer choosing one which isn't staffed yet, but one section may have multiple testers) and tell me which it is !

As long as it's Beta the SDK's Version is determined in Builds, starting at Build 100. As there'll be many updating Builds it's better to use a direct Number instead of a confusing X.Y.Z version designation. So the designition of each update is then "BuildCount - Release Date / Month". The title of update and fix isn't static, an Update may also contain fixes and vice versa, in that case the buildcounts add up (fix AND update in one, like (minor patch) 5 + 10 (minor update) = + 15 as sum).
  • Smallest Fixes (fixing existing features, 1-10), increasing build count +1
  • Minor Fixes/Patches (fixing existing features, 11-25), increasing build count +5
  • Minor Updates (implementing 1-4 new features/updates) increasing build count +10
  • Major Fixes/Patches (fixing existing features, 26-50), increasing build count + 50
  • Major Updates / Full Version Releases (5+ new feature/updates, or standalone full version release, not requiring prior patches) increasing build count + 100.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Shadow wrote:So mark 31.03.2010 on your Calender :D
Marked.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I think an internal section should be created for this (I mean, where only admins, mods, Shadow and beta-testers would have access, to avoid leaking and PM madness between Shadow and his beta-testers). Some new section called "SDK Beta-Testing".

Just my 2 cents though
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Perfect date because it's the beginning of the Easter holidays :tu:

Edit: I agree with Ferali's statement. We could use the CBP forum. We won't realease a third pack before you released the final SDK.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Feralidragon wrote:I think an internal section should be created for this (I mean, where only admins, mods, Shadow and beta-testers would have access, to avoid leaking and PM madness between Shadow and his beta-testers). Some new section called "SDK Beta-Testing".

Just my 2 cents though
that would be highly useful ! I'm going to speak with shade..

@ Date, yes that was my intention, so everyone should have plenty / more time than usual

With the next build of the X-Menu GUI I'll post the first news article about the SDK containing a summary article (about features added around the first quarter of 2010) at ModDB which traditionally gives a boost in popularity and average user visits, current average user visits are now at ~100 (60 - 150) visits a day. The average monthly user visits increased by +2000 from ~1100 to over 3000 a month.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

editor Dave wrote:We won't realease a third pack before you released the final SDK.
Find the mistake. (striked text does not work). Plz, a little bit more pessimism/realism
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Creavion wrote: Plz, a little bit more pessimism/realism
Well, I thought about leaving it out but a bit of optimism doesn't hurt :)
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Woooooohooooooo .......Yes ....and my Internet is back.
Now I'll play planty of UT and build maps as warm up for the SDK. *joy*
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Small Update:

Unfortunately I can't show a new pic of the current X-Menu Build, the core-DLL functionality is currently undergoing final maintenance, testing the workflow between C++ and UScript, this will finished the work on the Core Package (for now).

However I'd like to shed some light on what I'm working now:

- A text-file API, read/write text from a text file, supports custom folders and pathing, for complex conversation systems storing massive amounts of text externally (which might exceed the capability of *.int and *.ini files)

- An image-file API, something like my own Canvas, but based on external files like Bmp, Jpg, Gif - it's currently used for replacing the old "Loading..." - Blue-Loadscreen with Custom Loadscreens (!), I hope to extend the limited functionality of the old canvas, like having rotating icons and such (that are not based on meshes) but I don't think this will be in the first internal beta

- the main Class sdkObject.uc has been updated again (is now abstract, transient, native and config), containing 165 new (!) Functions and 2 new operators, 90 % of UDK-build object-functions are available now + some not even available in UDK

- functions of the sdkCanvasUtil.uc (native, abstract) are transfered to native code, already transfered 5 functions
- further X-Menu development, finishing the first complete framework build and concept soon (hopefully this week)
- published 2 of 3 Native Coding Tutorials for the UTSurvivor Forums

After all this I go back to level-design and gameplay specific coding, I want to implement my new interpolation systems into a new mover, a mover that doesn't need keyframes and moves mostly indipendently.

As you can see I'm always working simultaneously on multiple features, it never gets boring :confused2: :ironic2:

Can't await the 31.03 btw, finally showing real results someone can test satisfies me.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Damn, i cant wait for this! :)

*Doesn't this belong into the Development Journal forum?*
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Yap.. I actually wanted to post that in the dev thread.. omg.. (copying to right thread)