[INFO] Beta-Testers

Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: [INFO] Beta-Testers

Post by Dr.Flay »

OOPS !
Here we go again :wink:
I installed Spatial Fear last night, and swapped it over to the SDK.
The renderer works fine, but the canvas fails.

OMFG! I want the 2.1 editor from Spatial Fear, for UT !!
It is geared-up for vehicles with land, air, and water pathnodes!
Attachments
SpatialFear.rar
(18.7 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
SpatialFear-SDK.png
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Yeah I see, another problem with the LevelInfo, but what does that have to do with the canvas?

You can't expect everything working in every case, especially not dealing with a mod that big liek Spatial Fear as they changed a lot of things themselves.

And for me I really don't why ZoneChange is a necessary function for an info actor.. well and.. every actor already got that function, it's a standard one, could be a problem on c++ level.

//edit: looked up the source, the spawn function messes around with zones and the unnecessary parts were deleted, should work for the next release
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Sorry, I didn't explain fully. I couldn't get much time online last night, so I was brief.
What I would have wrote if I had time was;

I tried the game first with;

Code: Select all

GameRenderDevice=sdkOpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
Render=sdkRender.sdkRender
Canvas=sdkEngine.sdkCanvas
Crashes.

Then with;

GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
Render=sdkRender.sdkRender
Canvas=sdkEngine.sdkCanvas
Crashes.

Then with;

GameRenderDevice=sdkOpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
Render=Render.Render
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
Works fine.

I just wanted to let you know as soon as I could, as it is an official Epic mod I thought it should be inspected.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Wait what? official epic mod? hm..

Well the opengl driver needs rework neverthelees, it uses an older verson of the UT GLR, and the part of code of the spawn function for the levelinfo was removed as stated in the previous post
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Official yes I think so, I was surprised.
I could be wrong, but even the v2.1 SF-Editor has official epic modification written on it.

The developers could have just tried to make it look official though, but who else could re-build a special edition of the UnrealED (other than Old Unreal).

Which just made me think!
Would it be a good idea for someone to test the SDK in the updated UnrealED 2.1 for old Unreal ?
I would have by now :wink: but I don't have my Unreal Gold CD anymore :(
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

I ever wondered how they did that with their "own" UnrealED..

It's called Unreal Tournament SDK, not Unreal SDK. The headers, resources and configurations for Unreal are quite a bit different than UT's so you'll surely run in trouble there - mostly caused by DLL version mismatches (of some variables), the SDK doesn't support Unreal (yet)
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Ok that is a good point UT isn't the same as Unreal.
I am too used to ripping things apart and transplanting things (I should be Frankenstein not Flay!) I get carried away sometimes.

Any idea if this is a version of the Unreal or UT editor?
Attachments
SpatialED.jpg
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Since Spatial Fear was a UT Total Conversion it should base on UT's UnrealED 2.0

I knew the SpatialED flash before, I remember it, but I NEVER noticed that "an extension of UnrealED by Epic Games" O_o

// edit: strange.. after some search on google I've found nothing really useful about it, only a news update (ModDB) stating it's part of the Spatial Fear V1.2
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

It has the extra buttons you get with eGo's "Extended Toolbar"
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Extended_Toolbar

I am having a bit of a poke around it to see what is the same, and what is different (on the surface).
It defaults to save maps in Spatial Fear's format, but will happily open edit and and save UT maps.

I made a texture pack with it for a quick test, as I figure this will be one of the most standard import/export options.
No problems with that. Works fine in UT.

Then I edited an existing UT map, changed some textures, weapons, added some multi-texture windows, changed the physics on a few items, then re-rendered the lighting and saved.
Again works fine playing the map in UT.

I will obviously not be using it for my UT editing, unless I get more info on it's overall compatibility.
It installs into the UT system folder and shares UT and the editor's main files, but uses it's own config.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Still curious about that Editor "I'm Epic and no one knew we worked together with a Mod Team on a slightly advanced UnrealED 2.1 !"

Well back to topic.

I fixed the bug with the incorrect actor selection. From now on I develop on base of the newest UT GLR Driver (Version 3.7). The Open GL Driver works so fucking smooth, stable and fast finally.

Now I'll work on an important new feature: rotatable textures/sprites with some additional features...

The improvements/feature list of the January Beta is now already longer than the previous versions were at the end (fills more than one page already) :agree1:
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Well Shadow, it sounds like you have been a busy bee!
Nice to hear the final GL renderer makes such a big difference. :highfive:
Until I can work out why OpenGL renderers ignore the RAM on my GFX card, I'll still be using DX9 as my normal renderer.
Though I am probably at about 50/50 with playing and testing/editing at the moment, it will be nice to get more speed out of playing under the SDK.
:gj: