Monsterhunt v2

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
gopostal

Re: Monsterhunt v2

Post by gopostal »

I don't think that one is mine. The mod doesn't replace any ammo and although there is code to adjust ammo pickups in the original monsterhunt, I have not used it, opting for weapon reloading instead.

Thank you for such a detailed report and for taking a look! I'll watch very closely on ammo for the next couple of days.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Double post, but this should have been here:

Mod is now done and released:
MonsterHunt2

Whew. That was a LOT of work lol. Let's see what happens now...
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

This was.... pretty fast?! :wtf:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

It really wasn't hard, to be honest. Once I saw how Cardi was able to use the excal mutator as a gametype without breaking MH maps, it literally flew together. Most of the fixes I had done already but was unable to implement them. When the gate was opened I just dug up the stuff I had been working on, plugged it in and the UT gods deemed it compilable.

What's really neat to me as a coder is almost universally I get a singular response from people after they try this: "Why did you make the monsters harder?" I didn't, lol. Ferali spent time explaining to me how to lower the server processing load by not using foreach AllActors, and instead opting for iterating a pawn list. It made a huge difference server side. The server spends it's time now adjusting the monsters AI, not scanning uselessly through all the level actors over and over. This is how monsters should always have been, I think, and Shrimp just got that part wrong.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

:lol:
Retired.