Volumetric Lighting

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Volumetric Lighting

Post by >@tack!< »

Ive got a question:
Is it possible to force VolumetricLighting = true on players when they play a certain map or server trough a mod/script?
I make bt-maps and i know some bt-maps have fog and stuff like that but nobody sees it because they have VolumetricLighting = false on default. If it was "true" then bt-mappers could make "new" obstacles and effects. ( i had the room in Zelda Ocarina of Time game in the water temple where you have to fight your dark side in my thoughts.)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Volumetric Lighting

Post by Feralidragon »

If it's possible? Well, I think so, but I think it's not a good idea to force that. The max you should do is to prompt the player to either enable or disable fog in those cases, even because volumetric fog is a performance hog, and so players would leave the server either because of excessive lag in their end, or simply because they don't like their settings forced out.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

I don't think that it's possible since it's a setting that behooves to everyone's personal configuration, the only thing you could do is coding a small message box that hints the user to turn on fog (as seen with Operation Na Pali)
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

yeh i already tought so, ty anyway.