Rork.nl HolyWars server

Discussions about Servers
Rork
Novice

Rork.nl HolyWars server

Post by Rork »

I just set up a HolyWars server mainly to check interest in this mod. It will be available for a month after which I will decide to go on with it. I hope it's ok to advertise here :).

General info:
Name: Rork.nl Holywars (v102)
IP: [url=unreal://109.237.208.141]109.237.208.141[/url]
Gametype: Holywars
Timelimit: 0
Fraglimit: 30
Minplayers: 3
Maxplayers: 6
Spectators: 2
Maplist: Default HolyWars maps.

What's this about?
I would like to play some HolyWars but never found a server with this gametype only or that was populated. I've played this mod a bit on LAN though and thought it would be a good idea to set up a server. My brother was kind enough to open up his server for an UT server so for the next month I'll be running a basic HolyWars server.

I set it up with the basic HolyWars mod, normal weapons, standard rules and maps, normal maprotation and a minimum of custom mods (just some bug fixes and anti-cheat). I setup a redirect server for fast downloads but if you don't want to wait you can download the mod and maps below.

Suggestions for setup, maps etc. are welcome, however for now I'd like to spent as little time on it as possible (except for playing of course). The main forum for this server is located here. After a month I'll review whether I want to continue with it and see if I'll find another, definite hosting provider.

What's HolyWars?
From the Holywars Readme:
Description
-----------
HolyWars is a mod for Unreal Tournament (and other games). In this game everyone fights for the Halo. Form the start, everyone is a Sinner. A Sinner is _not_ allowed to shoot at other Sinners. The Halo will then spawn after twenty seconds somewhere in the level, and the first person to pick it up will be the Saint. Everyone should should try to kill the Saint, and the Saint should try to kill everyone else to defend himself and get frags. When
the Saint dies, he will drop the Halo. The person who picks it up will then be the next Saint, and so it continues. If noone picks up the Halo in ten seconds, it will disappear to later spawn at it's spawnpoint.

The result is a furius one against everyone else.

To prevent people from ruin the game for others, a Sinner killing Sinners will soon become a Heretic. A Heretic cannot shoot other Sinners, just the Saint. Everyone else should kill the Heretics to get easy frags. The only way to get normal again is to pick up the Halo. A Saint is automatically freed from his sins.

Scoring
-------
Picking up the Halo: 2
Killing a Sinner while you are the Saint: 2
Killing the Saint while you are a Sinner: 1
Killing a Sinner while you also are a Sinner: -1
Killing a Heretic: 1
Download:
non umod
umod
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Rork.nl HolyWars server

Post by papercoffee »

somehow I know this mod ...but I thought it would be to complicated to keep in mind who is who and why I don't have to kill him!?...Or do the models change too? A Sinner could be black the Saint white and the Heretic red coloured.
iloveut99
Skilled

Re: Rork.nl HolyWars server

Post by iloveut99 »

I didn't know this mod. It's pretty good and the server is smooth with fast downloads.