Hidden Pointer

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Hitman
Adept

Hidden Pointer

Post by Hitman »

A friend of mine is trying to get in to maping but for some reason his pointer end up behind UnrealED ?!! Any one got a solution how to fix it ? :?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Hidden Pointer

Post by Creavion »

Hitman wrote:A friend of mine is trying to get in to maping but for some reason his pointer end up behind UnrealED ?!! Any one got a solution how to fix it ? :?
Pointer? :confused2:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

@Crev: Mauszeiger

Please answer these questions so that we can offer further help:
- Does he have the patch 436 installed (NOT 451!)?
- Which OS does he use?
- Does he have opened other programmes while mapping?
- Did he notice similar problems in the past (with other programmes)?
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

V436
XP
No
No
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

ugh.

This is so strange. I really have no idea what the hack may go on, but i can give you some consolation:
My UEd also started to act weird recently:
when i try to navigate in my 3D viewoport, holding down the RMB tends to open the "property and select and whatever" menu of anything that the cursor was upon previously. Normaly I navigate by holding down either the right, left or both mouse buttons while dragging the mouse. However, after using the editor for a while the property menu stops popping up randomly and everything goes back to normal. Restarting the UEd sometimes solves this annoying problem too. Ok, it is not such a fatal bug i cannot live with, but is still annoying...

Well, i could not help you, but i think this story did worth sharing since it is somewhat funny: I fired up the UEd first time (well, ok, i only tried to fire it up, the first version of the editor did not run to me) a decade ago, but this Shei13e has been happening to me only for 3 months. Maybe it came with some Windows update...
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Backup UnrealTournament.ini and UnrealEd.ini and delete both from the System. If it still doesn't work, it might be some update he made to the OS or drivers (btw, browser are also considered an openned program, and the last update to the Flash plugin for Firefox 3.6 may screw up somethings on runtime).
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I think it could be something in the win-registry since i told him to make a copy of UT to map with on the D-drive and apparently this error wont show on the UT on the C-drive ,But it works to play with ?!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Try copying the Editor.* files (dll, int, u) from an installation that works ok. Those editor packages have corrupted on me before. I've seen some floating around a couple of the MH map packages that weren't standard too.
So long, and thanks for all the fish