Discussions about Coding and Scripting
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

RySPak Marine Scripting

Post by KeeperUTX »

RySPak Marine code

basically i need to convert the RySPak Marine class to be friendly
unfortunatly the project i'm working on is for Unreal but it needs Marines before i go on.

but i don't know how to copy script onto other things...

just now i tried copying the script and it did not work. right clicked on the script and nothing

some1 h3lp
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: RySPak Marine Scripting

Post by JackGriffin »

Post the U file, let me peek at it.

NVM, found the download. It's been modified pretty heavily (and not very well). Someone didn't clean much up, they just slashed chunks out of it. See this part here:

Code: Select all

function eAttitude AttitudeTo(Pawn Other)
{
	local byte result;

//if ( Level.Game.bTeamGame && (PlayerReplicationInfo.Team == Other.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team) )
	//	return ATTITUDE_Friendly; //teammate
	 if ( Other.IsA( 'Spacemarine' ) )
		return ATTITUDE_Friendly;
	return ATTITUDE_Hate;
}
Here they removed teammates and now the marine will attack anything besides another marine. You got a bit of work ahead of you depending on the end result you want.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

So what i just copythis into the Marine's script or something?

Or can you just modify it for me?
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Well, I think Jack is just pointing out one example of the horrible code nightmare he saw there..... :wtf:

If you just wanna paste something in so they are friendly to anything and everybody, this might do it:

Code: Select all

function eAttitude AttitudeTo(Pawn Other)
{
   local byte result;

return ATTITUDE_Friendly;
}

Based on Jacks reply, I suspect the rest of the code needs some attention as well.... :help:
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Yup. The code is going to require a pretty good rewrite. You'll need to restore a lot of what was removed and then alter it to fit what I think you are wanting to do. This isn't going to be a simple matter and someone with some knowledge of states will need to do it.

Sorry bro, but I have my hands full at the moment. If it were much less I'd bang it out but this is a good evening's work and another one spent testing in different environs.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Well can you tell me with what are you occupied?

Just wonderin'...

And the result i want is that they ignore me _COMPLETLY_
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Well, that's a new one. I wonder if I should feel a bit defensive? hahaha :tongue:

Try here and here.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Mh2 gold, wtf?
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Can anyone else help me?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Lol, RySpak was by me, based on 224 Upak. Yes I didn't clean up shit back then.