[BETA- Release] CTF-Pisgah

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

[BETA- Release] CTF-Pisgah

Post by Isotoxin »

After A week of mapping, I decided to beta release this map. I would really like some constructive comments, Remember that I can take lots of criticism.

So : This is my very first iCTF map, Since the textures are from the ShineChurch package , I named it CTF-Pisgah, It's some Church...Somewhere..

Also : A very BIG thanks to GenMoKai, Who gave lots of tips and stuff.

Sreens :

Link :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25980652/CTF-Pisgah.unr

Have fun..

*EDIT*

Changed the DL link.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Re: [BETA- Release] CTF-Pisgah

Post by Metalfist »

looking good
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

hmm. i says cant find package for swJumpPad...
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

SzGergo wrote:hmm. i says cant find package for swJumpPad...
On the one hand it is already like richrig.utx a "must-have" package, but on the other hand its only a single freaking code class which can be myleveled without any increasing filesize problems.
swJumpPad.zip
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Well, How can I delete it of of my map, Since I didn't use it.., Wasn't there a console code or someting?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Isotoxin wrote:Well, How can I delete it of of my map, Since I didn't use it.., Wasn't there a console code or someting?
Not really, UEngine shows a tendency from time to time to use packages which are not really in use. This mostly happens if you load a package (in your mapping project e.g.) and even if you dont use it at all after that, it seems some kind of reference will be stored in your map resulting in "requiring" that package at the end. I know its dumb but there is not really anything you can do about that, maybe with the expection to avoid the loading of packages which you dont want to include in your map. If you have problems with that, install UT a second time and use it for mapping and modding only. Before release you could also use it to test your maps (just a quick start from ingame) for those kind of bugs. I did it exactly like that before the release of CMP2 with a special retail stuff only UT installation. If something like that would have happened - I dont actually remember anymore if it happened at all - I would have faked that package at the end. With a following save in the ed I would have killed that reference from the maps store once and for all.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Bloeb
Experienced

Post by Bloeb »

Nice one Iso, far better then your BT-maps ;)

Three remarks:
1. Place the coronas behind the brushes, not in front. It will look nicer.
2. You need to seal off the upper parts of the map. It's too easy to hide there. It becomes pretty much impossible to retrieve the flag once the flagcarrier is up.
3. Add some weapons, this map would be fun for 2on2 nwCTF as well.

Creavion, when you load a package it does not become automagically referenced somewhere. You still need to place an item from the package in the map.

About the issue in this map; if the package is still loaded then there's a reference somewhere, but it might be hidden somewhere (e.g. invisible , outside the map or hidden in a property). In this case you can fix it; go to the menu->edit->search for actors. Now find the swJumpPad and delete it.
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Bloeb wrote:Nice one Iso, far better then your BT-maps ;)

Three remarks:
1. Place the coronas behind the brushes, not in front. It will look nicer.
2. You need to seal off the upper parts of the map. It's too easy to hide there. It becomes pretty much impossible to retrieve the flag once the flagcarrier is up.
3. Add some weapons, this map would be fun for 2on2 nwCTF as well.

Creavion, when you load a package it does not become automagically referenced somewhere. You still need to place an item from the package in the map.

About the issue in this map; if the package is still loaded then there's a reference somewhere, but it might be hidden somewhere (e.g. invisible , outside the map or hidden in a property). In this case you can fix it; go to the menu->edit->search for actors. Now find the swJumpPad and delete it.
Thanks alot Bloeb, I'll give it a try, Also, the last thing did the job. Thanks alot.