Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
Gameite2260
Average

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Gameite2260 »

I've had a weird experience with a weapon mod. I got this mod that's supposed to add a "realistic view" where you can see your character and such, but I guess it was a weird prank, because a completely different mod installed, filled with weird new weapons! I almost feel like Zach from Godzilla NES Creepypasta.
Here's some screenshots:
I have no clue what this pistol is called, but it reminds me of EXU2's Piddledoper crossed with the first Unreal's Stinger. The primary fire is a rapid fire stream of weird white lasers, the other is a shotgun blast of these white lasers. It's also the only weapon I have. No melee stuff here.
This weird thing is called the Soul Reaver, which is like Satan's version of the ASMD. Primary fire shoots this weird red bolt like in the screenie, the secondary fire shoots a less accurate array of four red bolts. The Big Keg replacement seen there is called the Giga Health, which gives +400 HP and makes green particles show up when collected.
The Chaingun can be seen above, replacing the MInigun. Primary fire is a regular burst of bullets that is really accurate like the UT2004 minigun, secondary fire shoots a powerful flak shell. There's also a "Buster Rocket", which isn't interesting enough to photograph. There's another weapon show below that I thought was the pulse gun but turned out to be...
The Future Shock. Pirmary fire shot a HUGE wave of sharpnel, and the secondary fire shot those green grenades in the screenshot. Weirdly enough, anything that was killed by these floated up into the sky and died.

Now right here we have the Lightning Force. Primary fire shot teal pulse shots.
While secondary fire shot a delayed close-range blast of lightning. You can see me trying to lay surpressing fire on a guy in this screenshot:
I also found a "Peace Maker", which looked like the Flak Cannon as designed by lizard people. It was probably the least interesting of all the new weapons.
The EMP Rifle above is like the sniper rifle of this mod. It didn't seem to have an alternate fire though.

Since I couldn't find anything else, I decided to try CTF-LavaGiant, a level where I know all the powerups are. Here's what I found:
The Psi Charge, a fancier version of the Amplified Damage.
This is the Dream Reaver, the replacement for the Redeemer. Let's give it a whirl...
WOAH! The primary fire is KICKASS! All those shock rifle blasts spawned all over the area, and eventually killed me because I was too close.

I also found a few mutators that go with it too. One adds a few new relics that don't seem to do anything, the other adds a new rare pickup, the "Space Marine Suit". When I picked it up, it said "It doesn't fit you, so you raid it for items". When I did that, this happened:
The HUD got changed to the first Unreal's hud, I got a motion tracker, some armor, an infinite toxin suit, and infinite jump boots. But the weird part is the "Combat Communication Unit". I pressed F8 to open it, and...
What the hell? I have no clue what any of this means. It looks like some kind of log of the space marine wearing the suit, but why the fuck is it in an arena?

Oh, and my model changed to this:
I later discovered that there's several models it can take on. One looks like the marines from RTNP, the other is the Space Marines from WH40k. All seem to act the same though.
Last edited by Gameite2260 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Often thought my lil' thread here would be good for posts like this, with visuals... though why you went with links rather than click the IMG button I dunno. Still...

Soul Reaver looks a little warped, as it's a 2-handed weapon but the left arm is WAY too far on the right side of the screen.

That model it displayed you as in your last link, it's the Mercenary; not like the Unreal1 kind. I'm used to only seeing it as a monster; comes with internalized voicepacks, uses standard player weapons, and is tought to fight against. not sure why your display has it with no skin, which is what that silver green streaked thing is.

You should make another post, in the downloads thread, with a link to that mutator. Like myself, I suspect many would love to give it a go.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

EvilGrins wrote:Often thought my lil' thread here would be good for posts like this, with visuals... though why you went with links rather than click the IMG button I dunno. Still...

Soul Reaver looks a little warped, as it's a 2-handed weapon but the left arm is WAY too far on the right side of the screen.

That model it displayed you as in your last link, it's the Mercenary; not like the Unreal1 kind. I'm used to only seeing it as a monster; comes with internalized voicepacks, uses standard player weapons, and is tought to fight against. not sure why your display has it with no skin, which is what that silver green streaked thing is.

You should make another post, in the downloads thread, with a link to that mutator. Like myself, I suspect many would love to give it a go.
I had thought this forum had a limit on how many images you could put in one post.

I don't know what you're talking about with the Soul Reaver... I don't see any arms on it.

I will do for the downloads thread.

Oh, I also made a few new discoveries about it:

-The pistol has a name, that you can tell because players drop it when they die. It's a Nail Gun.
-One of the new relics is called the Psi Hellfire relic, and it's the only one right now that seems to do anything. It makes you fire slightly faster.
-There's another relic, called Psi Speed. It's the same as the Speed Relic in the normal game, but the model is way oversized. About as large as a player, in fact.
-As for the Communications Log thing, after viewing the message on the bottom, I think I know what it is: It's just key bindings for new messages.

And here's a few things that I should have cleared up in the original post:

-Even though my character in the HUD resembles a space marine, this has nothing to do with the Space Marine suit and it's really just a custom model.
-The mutator that changes the weapons is called Psi Dreams.
-ALL weapons make the character float up and die.

EDIT: Some more discoveries, and a theory behind all the madness!

-The Nail Gun is surpisingly powerful in the hands of bots. It's got great damage and the nails bounce around, but it is hard to aim.
-The Buster Rocket Launcher is much more interesting than I had originally thought. In the UT games, one of the most interesting thigns about it are the rocket launchers. How they're rapid fire and easy to use, unlike other games with rocket launchers. I guess like Quake 3 Arena's rocket launcher. But in this mod, the BRL is a more traditional rocket launcher. It shoots one rocket slowly that also launches the player back when fired, and the alt fire shoots a delayed HUGE mass of rockets. The rockets also don't travel as fast.
-ANother relic, the Relic Of Poison, does something I don't understand. When I'm at low health, it makes the screen flash white.
Pictured below are some new items:
A "Blue Health Box" and a "Fire Health Box"! The only difference is that the FIre Health box heals slightly more. There were also Health Vial equivalents to them.

Oh, and speaking of health, when your health is above 100 (Which is often since you spawn with 125 health), it drains until it reaches 100. Like in Quake. Heck, with this, along with the Nail Gun making an appearance, makes me wonder if this was some kind of Quake conversion that turned into something much more. Or maybe there was an unreleased Quake game that had these weapons, and the modders were trying to recreate it?

Oh, and for documentation's sake, I've decided to photograph the Buster Rocket Launcher and the Peace Maker:

I'll also be asking the person on UnrealSP I got hte link from about it.
Last edited by Gameite2260 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

If you want to upload pictures to UT99.org then is there a limit of 5 files per post.
But if you upload it to a host like tinypic or imgur can you put as many pictures as you like in your post ...but it would be nice if you wouldn't go overboard with it.
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

Okay, one more post. I've decided to use OldSkool's SP Mutator's option to put the Psi Dreams mod on the original campaign. Here's what I have down so far:
-Mobs go up to the sky when they die like players do.
-Picking up an Automag clip gives you the Nailgun, unfortunatly I can't tell how much ammo it has because of the HUD obfuscating it.
-The Shield Belt turns into the Psi Shield belt, but overwrites any other armor you had on you. If you collected armor afterwards and then entered a new level, it would erase all your armor that isn't the Psi Shield.
-The Nailgun is only slightly stronger than the automag.
-After that first clip you collect, you can't get any more Nailgun ammo. So I used allammo just for the hell of it.
-Ever since the first encounter with a Skaarj Scout in the Rrajigar Mines, there was this weird sound playing hte whole time, like a warped version of the lava bubbling sound.
-The monsters are WAY dumber. Like seriously noticable. They move around 100 times less than before.

OKAY I SWEAR I'M DONE HOGGING THIS THREAD NOW. Here's the last update, on this thread. Everything else can be found in the DL link I posted.

So, I found two new mutators. Unreal: Limbo and Unreal: Limbo; RTNP edition. Neither seemed to do anything in the main game.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Gameite2260 wrote:I don't know what you're talking about with the Soul Reaver... I don't see any arms on it.
My bad, got the weapons mixed up. Wasn't sure when you discussed a weapon if it was the link above or below. The chaingun was the one i meant when i said soul reaver.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:For MH weapons try this insanity pack http://koregaming.com/downloads/Unreal% ... ix/ADR.zip :gj:

For info i'm currently copie the all at this place 0.28 medors for the moment.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

leftover shots from the "texture grabbing" thread:

papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I screwed up a WINE test on Linux-Mint ...couldn't get the Gecko-engine to run.
This is the outcome.

Map is CTF-Ebicboy... somehow does it look interesting.
Attachments
linuxUT-screwUp01.png
linuxUT-screwUp02.png
linuxUT-screwUp03.png
linuxUT-screwUp04.png
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

papercoffee wrote:I screwed up a WINE test on Linux-Mint ...couldn't get the Gecko-engine to run.
Huh? :?:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UnrealGecko wrote:
papercoffee wrote:I screwed up a WINE test on Linux-Mint ...couldn't get the Gecko-engine to run.
Huh? :?:
:lol2:
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

This is the outcome.

Map is CTF-Ebicboy... somehow does it look interesting.
Looks like what would happen if UT got a DS port
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

CTF-TwinValley edit, a UTDMT Titan on each team. Semi-large map, but kinda compact as it's in sections.

Friendly fire with deemer-fireworks knocked our team's Titan to a sniping position, which isn't really his strength:

It took 2 deliberate usages of that same super-deemer to eventually knock our Titan back to where he was, more or less, originally:

Close enough!
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum (not to the game, been playing UT99 for quite a while).

Here's a pic I decided to pimp out:

:D
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Nice!