Suggestion in dealing with me

Discussions about everything else
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Suggestion in dealing with me

Post by EvilGrins »

I can be periodically a bit dense. If I seem to be difficult about something it's not because I'm trying to cause problems, if I say I'm seeking help that's what I'm seeking. I'm not a drama junkie or anything like that...
:wtf:
...I just don't always process stuff the same way most others seem to think I should.

This is in response to the fact I seem to have pissed somebody off here who after tirelessly trying to help me on something I pushed to the point of breaking because we're clearly not seeing eye to eye on something. Already forwarded apologies to him on this but felt compelled to do this followup post as well.

Be patient with me if this sorta thing comes up.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Suggestion in dealing with me

Post by Creavion »

In my blue times it was mostly me who moved your threads (or by other people who had mistaken this section for "here I can get help for my UT problems"), since THIS forum part only deals about the forum itself, not any UT content. .. if this is what you are want to know.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I wrote the book on over-reaction.

And the introduction.
And the afterward.
Even the table of contents :/

It's by the good grace of the admins here that I still get to post so don't sweat it. I get frustrated easily when I should just stay on subject and stick to what I know works instead of chasing every person down rabbit holes I know don't lead anywhere. Ferali has smacked me upside my head for doing this (and rightfully so) but it's just something I struggle with. I don't play well with others to some extent and it's evident when I start to get frustrated. Let me apologize to you EG too. I was too blunt and posted in not a nice way.

Huggies :)

Tell you what, you let me know what your scripted pawns need to be doing and I'll make you something for yourself that will do precisely that.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Creavion wrote:In my blue times it was mostly me who moved your threads (or by other people who had mistaken this section for "here I can get help for my UT problems"), since THIS forum part only deals about the forum itself, not any UT content. .. if this is what you are want to know.
exactly ...and right now it will be moved in the off-topic section.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:Tell you what, you let me know what your scripted pawns need to be doing and I'll make you something for yourself that will do precisely that.
I'd just like them to recognize the bots as enemies and go after them as much as they go after me. Like they do in the original, non·Unreal Anthology, version.
:mrgreen:
Thanks.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I'll have you something tomorrow. Do you want them to be super-aggressive towards the players?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

No, just the normal level of aggression monsters have for anybody not them. Although classic ut99 monsters tend to also attack monsters of different classes than themselves: skaarj vs krall, skaarj vs skaarj military, gasbags vs anything not gassy and giant gasbags.

Hopefully it shouldn't effect other monster mutators and monsterhunt.

Although, if it doesn't work out it's okay. I finally tried swapping the unrealshare.u from my other version to the UA one, saving the UA's original unrealshare.u in a different directory. Monsters are working as they should again.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

I could have tried to give you a hand too with some custom ScriptedPawn coding I made ages ago for that very exact purpose. Well, if you want any help, just PM me.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

If you plan on running anything with MH it needs to be specifically written to work with MH. Mods that adjust scripted pawn will do some crazy stuff when rinsed through that gametype because of all the adjustments made. This is especially true of MH2, as I did a lot of retooling to fix this-n-that. Best I can tell you is try it and see, and if it doesn't do right I can point to where it's probably messing up.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay.