Unable to join games for a certain CTF map [CTF-Rendezw00t]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Ketteract
Novice

Unable to join games for a certain CTF map [CTF-Rendezw00t]

Post by Ketteract »

A friend and I have been attempting to get a match going with this map:

http://www.map-factory.org/unreal-tourn ... zw00t-3459

But what happens is this: I'll run the server, and he'll join, only he won't actually be in my game. He'll be in a game with his bots, and I'll be in a game with mine.

It only seems to happen with this particular map - and it happens regardless of which one of us runs the server. Same symptom in each case. It does not happen with other CTF maps.

Might anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this?

Edit by papercoffee:
I edited the Title so the mapper who made it can find it. :wink:
AND I move it in a better place ...it's more a mapping question I think...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Unable to join games for a certain CTF map

Post by papercoffee »

Sounds strange ...

Revelation this your map, what did they wrong?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Unable to join games for a certain CTF map [CTF-Rendezw0

Post by EvilGrins »

Ketteract wrote:A friend and I have been attempting to get a match going with this map:

http://www.map-factory.org/unreal-tourn ... zw00t-3459

But what happens is this: I'll run the server, and he'll join, only he won't actually be in my game. He'll be in a game with his bots, and I'll be in a game with mine.

It only seems to happen with this particular map - and it happens regardless of which one of us runs the server. Same symptom in each case. It does not happen with other CTF maps.

Might anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this?
Are you guys able to join other people's games?

It sounds like you're not actually doing this correctly because the only way this could be happening, from your limited descrption, is that you're both running practice games on your own computer.

That or you're both starting online games and just assuming because you have the same map you'd automatically be playing together.

There's no way that if your friend joined your game he'd have his own bots there.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Ketteract
Novice

Post by Ketteract »

EvilGrins wrote:Are you guys able to join other people's games?

It sounds like you're not actually doing this correctly because the only way this could be happening, from your limited descrption, is that you're both running practice games on your own computer.

That or you're both starting online games and just assuming because you have the same map you'd automatically be playing together.

There's no way that if your friend joined your game he'd have his own bots there.
We use "Open Location" to go to each others' IP addresses directly. And yeah, we're able to join other people's games.
Ketteract
Novice

Post by Ketteract »

Update!

After some more searching, it turns out that the version hosted on Map Factory was an old one. I got a newer version from Unreal Playground:

http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/ ... le&id=6471
Due to an error that occured when attempting to play the map online, I've uploaded version 1.1. Many thanks to Cardiff for reporting this problem!!
Except for that fix, there are no changes to the original, but please download it anyway in order to have the current version. Thx!
I won't know for sure until I try it out tonight, but I think there's a good chance this will fix my issue. :)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Ketteract wrote: We use "Open Location" to go to each others' IP addresses directly. And yeah, we're able to join other people's games.
Which one of you is hosting the game?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Revelation
Average
Personal rank: UEngine violator

Post by Revelation »

Obviously, the problem is already solved, but however:

Yes, there was such an issue with the map's first version. Can't exactly remember what I did wrong, but I fixed it in version 1.1. The file you downloaded from UP is the working one. Unfortunatelly, I was never able (or willing?^^) to update the MF-download, so there's still the old, faulty version... My appologies for the inconvenience. ;)