Uscript Editor for Linux

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Uscript Editor for Linux

Post by The_Cowboy »

Helllo everyone!
Does there exist a decent Uscript Editor for Ubuntu(like WOT Greal for windows)?I am pretty much sick of running it in Virtual Box.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
iloveut99
Skilled

Re: Uscript Editor for Linux

Post by iloveut99 »

Try Wine.
The_Cowboy
Skilled

Post by The_Cowboy »

Thanks for the reply m8!
But again i am sick of it too.I am looking for a native IDE for Linux.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I personally use Notepad++ with the UScript language plugin (a broken plugin I found in the net then I fixed it myself), both in Windows and Linux. In Linux I use it with Wine though, plus you don't have any sort of auto word completion and other fancy yet very usefull features a good IDE generally provides, nor you can compile your package directly (I use UMake for that effect, in Linux I coded my own bash for making exactly the same basic thing UMake does with some extra specific things needed for my mods).
But it provides highlighting and some other cool features, besides being ultra light and reliable as an editor.

I looked for an IDE once, and I found out that there was a guy trying to make that for Eclipse, however it was for UT2003 and although it could also be used for UT (since sintactically is pretty much the same), it was never finished afaik.
The_Cowboy
Skilled

Post by The_Cowboy »

Hmm.I emailed Dean Harmon requesting about adding Linux support and he replied
Hi Ravi,
Unfortunately there are many of the components that make specific win32 calls. It is not on my books to make it work on linux, my apologies.
I guess there is no alternative (for now) except to use wine or virtualbox.I will ask santa to email me the IDE :D

Anyways Merry Christmas everyone!!
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

Feralidragon wrote:I personally use Notepad++ with the UScript language plugin (a broken plugin I found in the net then I fixed it myself), both in Windows and Linux.
I also use Notepad++ but with Java Syntax. Can you post your plugin?

Merry Christmas.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Here you go:
UScript_Notepad++.zip
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Merry Christmas
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

I also made my own highlighter for UnrealScript but... wow... yours is much better. :P
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~