MonsterHunt servers?

Discussions about Servers
Pizzi
Novice
Personal rank: Child of the Night

Re: MonsterHunt servers?

Post by Pizzi »

Feralidragon wrote: ... In NW3 the weapons are split in different packages, so they will see 2Mb to 10Mb chunks
That's a good news to me, cause I'm not going to use the whole Mod on the Stronger MH Server (therefor we will have our OmG NaliWeapons 3 Server).
I just would like to use the marvellous Weapons and this will be the perfect way to have them loaded.
Thank you for the Info and keep up the great work :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Pizzi wrote:...cause I'm not going to use the whole Mod on the Stronger MH Server...
That's another of the main reasons I split the pack into smaller packages. Some admins may want to only use the nukes, or the mines, or the cybots, or only some lesser weapons, or everything except the nukes, etc...
I believe only a very few set of servers (around 1 or 2) are going to use the entire pack, like the one you mentioned and perhaps another (mainly MH servers, I don't think other kinds of servers will host them all, unless they see them worthy that is, but that's up to each admin to decide).
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

I tested the downloads in the Stronger MH Server, and only 10 minute downloading, thats cool! :tu: GJ Pizzi! ♥ :D
Pizzi
Novice
Personal rank: Child of the Night

Post by Pizzi »

I think some of the NaliWeapons are perfect for a Stronger Monsterhunt Server, a few Maps have really Powered Monsters and they are totally fun to play with NaliWeapons.
But as far as I have seen the Players like it to have a choice, that's the reason I will only load in the Weapons and not the whole Mod. This way our Mappers and Modders can use all kinds of Weapons in their Maps to make them most fun for the Players :-)
ASLYE702 wrote:I tested the downloads in the Stronger MH Server, and only 10 minute downloading, thats cool! :tu: GJ Pizzi! ♥ :D
Thank you Asly :D
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

NW is quite popular on the server I run, Could be that I added a link do download the U-file on the forum and the teamspeak we use .
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

I just put up a MH server recently check it out if you like
Last edited by RocketJedi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

On my 2 MH-servers I dont put up maps that is over 30 MB, I try to think of poor players that dont have so good connection and will only enter when the map is over LOL, and its my general belief that except for us ut-nerds most players are....So they go elsewhere, like to us hehe...
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Hitman wrote:On my 2 MH-servers I dont put up maps that is over 30 MB, I try to think of poor players that dont have so good connection and will only enter when the map is over LOL, and its my general belief that except for us ut-nerds most players are....So they go elsewhere, like to us hehe...
Or those poor people who still have a 10 years old PC. Come on, don`t forget about them. Only cube maps are allowed. :ironic:
Good thing I dont care about that (from a offline mapper`s point of view). It can not be helped: Most of UT`s texture content is just to ugly. And the main reason a custom map can get very large are (large)... textures (which lack of compression).
Well at the end it is up to you but I think you should check the maps in terms of quality (gameplay and/or visualisation) and if they are worth the download and/or mapsize.
I am very sure this is the BETTER filter. Neither "noob maps" are rather tiny (simple architecture, stock textures) or they turn out very large with a lot of bullshit extra packages, or even both in combination.
Good looking and/or well playable maps with a rather large download size are rare.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.