Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2940
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by UnrealGGecko »

My brother likes playing SP campaigns with NW3 and while I haven't fully checked if this works, but there are options in Oldskool to change Unreal items to UTs, so maybe with those options on plus the NW3 mutator on would work? :?
User avatar
Radi
Adept
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 pm
Location: DeGie - PL

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Radi »

I tried these options before, I'll look once more, maybe I messed something within Oldskool options.
User avatar
Wises
Godlike
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:59 am
Personal rank: ...

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Wises »

NW3 has a weapons Replacer built in iirc ..

Ferali posted somewhere here a readme which I guess would detail how to do these things.
UT99.org

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:May be NaliWeapons3Manual http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... Manual.rar
User avatar
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Posts: 3348
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist
Location: Kernow, UK

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Dr.Flay »

I haven't checked in a while, but I thought NW3 already swapped the Unreal weapons, as it is intended for use with Monster Hunt.
Oldskool lets you use mutators, so it should be no problem.
Image
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/a ... d=13390652
User avatar
Wises
Godlike
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:59 am
Personal rank: ...

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Wises »

ohh i thought he wsnted to only swap individual weps.. like say flak with (some mega powered nw3 wep)
this is possible through the inbuilt weapon swapper.. tbh ... no idea what olschool is... lawls.
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10474
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by papercoffee »

I play very often with Wormbos Rockets-UT mod ...and I love to play FraGnBraG's Unreal Gateways CTF.
Only on this map are two weapons which doesn't get replaced by the Rocket-mod. they are both behind those
"Stargate" like teleporters ...a ripper and a bio-rifle _________________ V here
Image
Every where else and on any other map are the default UT-weapons replaced correctly. I'll test it with NW3 now ...but I doubt those weapons will be switched.
But how can this happen? With default weapons...
Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Pileyrei »

While we are here, any news on progress of the final pack?
Cant wait to use those oversurrections :rock:
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5498
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: Every where else and on any other map are the default UT-weapons replaced correctly. I'll test it with NW3 now ...but I doubt those weapons will be switched.
But how can this happen? With default weapons...
Basically that map seems to be using XPickups embedded into it, which doesn't spawn exactly the default weapons, but modified versions of the default weapons instead, and since the current build of NW3 doesn't replace the modified versions by default, it doesn't replace them.
Pileyrei wrote:While we are here, any news on progress of the final pack?
Cant wait to use those oversurrections :rock:
I already finished the Cybot Launcher oversurrection last month, even before Christmas (I didn't show it to anybody yet though). I have been working on the last oversurrection (UltimaProtos) ever since (and I am having fun doing so, after all this one was the reason I made the oversurrections at all), although I had to interrupt the development for a while since last week I dedicated my UT-dev time to the contest map + custom mapping content I submitted a while ago, and this week I have been setting up the C++ environment with VS2010 for my next project after NW3 (been making tests, and modifying/hacking the UT432 C++ headers a bit for things to work properly, specially with some specific external C++ libraries the project requires).
Since I have everything working perfectly already on the C++ side (remarkably it was easier to make the libraries work with UT than making the UT headers themselves work), I can now get back into finishing the last oversurrection and by extent the remaining bits for the pack.
Torax
Adept
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 pm
Personal rank: Master of Coop
Location: Odessa, Ukraine

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Torax »

Can't imagine what will be your next project.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10474
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:
papercoffee wrote: Every where else and on any other map are the default UT-weapons replaced correctly. I'll test it with NW3 now ...but I doubt those weapons will be switched.
But how can this happen? With default weapons...
Basically that map seems to be using XPickups embedded into it, which doesn't spawn exactly the default weapons, but modified versions of the default weapons instead, and since the current build of NW3 doesn't replace the modified versions by default, it doesn't replace them.
Yup ...you are right. It was the old X-Pickups problem ...they look pretty but nowadays outdated, because I use in NW3 the magical pentagram weapon-spawn markings :mrgreen:. You should make them separate available like the NW3-ultragore :tu:
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5498
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Feralidragon »

Torax wrote:Can't imagine what will be your next project.
It's code named "O.M.P." (the "P" stands for "Project", the rest I won't tell yet nor any soon until I get something release-able, but you can have some fun guessing).
But it's certainly something far far superior to NW3 (well, there's no comparison possible between both in fact), more fun to develop and to play with, easier to update (there's no longer huge amounts of time between releases or the hassle to install them), and it's not a weapon pack (at least not directly), and it's not even UT itself anymore (although it will run on any UT install), and for the time being it's also something that should be considered vaporware (at least until one month from its first release).

Since it involves native C++ coding (heavily), if I manage to advance with it properly, it will first run on Windows alone (Windows XP SP3 and beyond, not sure about previous versions since I am using the framework that comes with VS2010, but given the nature of the project any machine with a lower version is probably not suitable to run it anyway), but I will make it in a way that at least a Linux port is not difficult to do, although a Linux version is even more unlikely for now (forget about Mac of course).
papercoffee wrote:You should make them separate available like the NW3-ultragore :tu:
Yeah, probably. Remind me of it after the final release.
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10474
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:
papercoffee wrote:You should make them separate available like the NW3-ultragore :tu:
Yeah, probably. Remind me of it after the final release.
I will :mrgreen:
Torax
Adept
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 pm
Personal rank: Master of Coop
Location: Odessa, Ukraine

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Torax »

Feralidragon wrote:
Torax wrote:Can't imagine what will be your next project.
It's code named "O.M.P." (the "P" stands for "Project", the rest I won't tell yet nor any soon until I get something release-able, but you can have some fun guessing).
But it's certainly something far far superior to NW3 (well, there's no comparison possible between both in fact), more fun to develop and to play with, easier to update (there's no longer huge amounts of time between releases or the hassle to install them), and it's not a weapon pack (at least not directly), and it's not even UT itself anymore (although it will run on any UT install), and for the time being it's also something that should be considered vaporware (at least until one month from its first release).

Since it involves native C++ coding (heavily), if I manage to advance with it properly, it will first run on Windows alone (Windows XP SP3 and beyond, not sure about previous versions since I am using the framework that comes with VS2010, but given the nature of the project any machine with a lower version is probably not suitable to run it anyway), but I will make it in a way that at least a Linux port is not difficult to do, although a Linux version is even more unlikely for now (forget about Mac of course).
papercoffee wrote:You should make them separate available like the NW3-ultragore :tu:
Yeah, probably. Remind me of it after the final release.
Seems you can't leave Unreal Universe easilly :wink:
Some time ago i heard from you that you probably leave and start work with other things (not UT related).
Or i understood you wrong?)
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5498
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Feralidragon »

Torax wrote: Seems you can't leave Unreal Universe easilly :wink:
Some time ago i heard from you that you probably leave and start work with other things (not UT related).
Or i understood you wrong?)
I will leave UT but at the same time I won't.... it's kinda hard to explain, but I will try my best:

Basically, think of my new project as something like TO: it runs in UT, has a standalone that uses pretty much the UT engine untouched, but it's not UT whatsoever, however in my case it will go far beyond that and be its own platform even to run some of the UT stuff in it.

The fact that it will run in UT was just a decision of mine on the direction of the project itself, since having all platforms considered for me to do my new project (UDK, Unity, among others), UT is the one that assembles almost everything I wanted to be able to do (even things that UDK itself alone cannot do) and has the upper hand when it comes to advantages vs disadvantages (the things I have to sacrifice by not using a newer platform pale in comparison with the things I had to sacrifice if I did use any of them).

For instance, the fact that there are UT headers and they actually work (after some undocumented hacks and modifications on them), making it able to integrate already existing ground-breaking needed features from the modern world into a 15-year old engine (more or less), plus adding already existing stuff like newer graphic and audio drivers for the game for newer platforms at choice, plus adding an already existing better anti-cheat support than those that most modern games have, has an immense weight on the overall decision.
If it hadn't that support, I would have dropped UT completely after finishing NW3.

Adding to that, the newer platforms went from ground-breaking technology to ground-breaking technology with loads of purely commercial and useless bloatware for the sake of just increasing profit (making UEngine3 for instance to be a lot more demanding and far far slower than if it remained faithful to its original conceptual design), or having the fans of each platform (and the platform itself) bragging about its great points, while silently and diligently hiding the ugly ones (only for you to start to make something and then finding out that you're as limited as almost any other platform), and on that regard UT is still from a time when the engine and the game were more important than that, plus 15 years later there's almost no bad points we're not aware about already and which we can fully consider before any project, and tons of its greatest points remain unexplored by pretty much everyone, making room for new things even nowadays.

Having that said, I won't talk about the project itself much yet and for quite some time (at least up to 1 month before a potential release), since I want to avoid the "NW3 paradigm" (showing stuff done during time, to only be able to release year(s) later), but in the end, it's not supposed to be UT itself or a UT mod, but it will be run in UT and will be able to run some UT stuff.