dumb question

Discussions about UT99
darksonny
Adept

dumb question

Post by darksonny »

Hiya!
Im wondering if there is any hd textures for the ut weapons apart pickups made by ferali? Like those hd s3tc textures for ut made by Brecht van der Sande

Thanks!
Last edited by darksonny on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: dumb question

Post by JackGriffin »

I've seen odds ones here and there that were very well done. To be honest the skins for the Food Fight mod I thought were standout in breaking new ground. They had a new flavor to them, it didn't necessarily conflict with the existing game by being too flashy or out of place, and they just visually rocked the house. paper ought to be super-proud of his work.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

hey mate now you are talking of foods weapons ..is this mod still in development or so? I Heard about this months ago and I dont know if is it finished now

PD: And there is any stock retextured ut weapon too or is in my imagination? ...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Food Fight is still in development but not finished ...we had some problems with bots and the reload function.
Right now is Shadow working on the two game modes.

We still searching for additional coders.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Not a dumb question, just a dumb title ;)

This is an area we do need addressing, as Unreal 227 weapons are getting a major overhaul (and I now prefer to DM in Unreal).
I think the reason we haven't had a "standard" Hi-Res pack for UT, is that the textures are inside "Botpack.u"
and I believe UT will prioritise an external texture pack if available.

Someone will correct me here on the actual details ;)

If there is a complete texture replacement pack then I will put a permanent link on my site.
Any suggestions in the mean-time are welcome, but maybe we need to promote a new project idea.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Thats would be cool HD textures for the UT99 weapons, yay! ;o
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I don't think there's something like that already, but I remember Shadow showing off revamped UT weapons in his SDK demo and screenshots. Not sure what was the status of it though.
I was going to remake the entire UT weapons arsenal (models, textures, effects, etc), thus something "HD" of sort to speak, but the project was cancelled even before I started anything.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You ought to consider this Ferali. We have a good group that could all throw in on a project like this. paper could make some awesome textures, I'd help with the scripting, there's another 10 people that would jump in here and there for stuff. It would make a nice side project if someone took the lead on it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Nice, Perhaps if I should help in something if I can help as well :wink:

More info about Unreal 1 HD Weapons: http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopi ... HD+weapons

[youtube]YGnSsUqoR_c&[/youtube]