UT Community SDK Release Thread

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

UT Community SDK Release Thread

Post by Shadow »

Since the dev journal thread became increasingly full and vast I decided to post an own thread just for the releases...

UTSDK January 2013 Beta Release

So here it is, after months of delay finally another new update for the SDK. I can say that this was the most difficult release for me, since many of the SDK's features were really used practically in the first placed which lead to many hidden bugs and errors which needed a lot of time to eliminate. Especially the new texture blending modes and my linked lists always kept me busy and nearly made me insane. :roll: This time there was so many changed and added that I'm only posting the highlights. A detailed changelog is included as always an changelog.pdf.

Highlights
  • Bounding Volume / per Poly Collision Support
  • new Emitter type (SubUV Emitter)
  • Material support for Sprites, Post Processing, Particles
  • Texture Trace support (reads the texture out of an BSP Poly)
  • new Static Mesh options (changeable U/V size, dynamic color, static anim sequence)
  • reworked Texture Blending (although I'm not yet fully satisfied)
  • new Emitter features (gravity, local/world space, random direction, per-Emitter/per-Particle coronas, range options for rotating particles etc.)
  • new GUI System (not yet completely finished though, but all new interfaces of the SDK will run on it..)
  • improved linked list system
  • tons of new Unreal script features and native functions
  • optimized internal interpolation system
  • partially revamped UT weapons
  • Testing / Showcase environment
Media

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Download

The download is ~60 mb in size. There'll be a setup download added soon too.

UT99.org

Re: UT Community SDK Release Thread

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Missing file Unreal4.umx

I ave crash with weapons
Can't see emitter ( just rectangles blues)

Yes i'm under your customopengl and same as d3d9.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Unreal4.umx is a standard unreal music file, but yes just in case someone has only Unreal Tournament I should have included it -.-

Here is it: Unreal4.umx

Have you set anything up as stated in setup.pdf?
You won't be done just changing the game's render device, you need to change the render and canvas.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:oh ok i ave not change all ... itry that may be this night

Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Please please have a look into setup.pdf first. It won't work if you did not change what is stated in that file. The opengl device is just the connection between the engine's rendering and the GPU. The critical error results in the process of spawning an emitter.. that emitter doesn't get calls from the right render.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Really nice job Shadow, Im now not at home so I can't test it, but I have some question
This SDK mod works with S3TC textures?
And when I make a map with this effects not disturbing other maps and will be faulty for other gamers who using other render?
3. And when I play with this render replace every standard effect and its works in offline and online game?
Sorry for my English I hope you can understand what I mean :D
Last edited by ASLY on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Thanks!
Yes it does work with S3TC, as my OpenGL device is based on UTGLR 3.7 by Chris Dohnal (the most advanced OpenGL driver for UT99 so far).

Other players will have to change their render stuff too, otherwise it wouldn't make sense

No there's no replacement code at the moment, but planned (like for the weapons). You can't await miracles like just installing the SDK and UT99 will instantly look like UT4^^
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

hey mate! where is the download link at modb? It does appears to be down...
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

darksonny wrote:hey mate! where is the download link at modb? It does appears to be down...
Ehm what? :confused2:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

darksonny wrote:... It does appears to be down...
did you read correctly my post Creavion? The link IS down is not available in this season and please dont give harsh answer without read first all my post :what:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The "Your Unreal" mirror is now live.
UTSDK-2013-01-BETA.7z - 47.5 MB
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... munity-sdk

(I have not included the UMX file. If you don't have Unreal, you are missing-out!)
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

darksonny wrote:
darksonny wrote:... It does appears to be down...
did you read correctly my post Creavion? The link IS down is not available in this season and please dont give harsh answer without read first all my post :what:
In this season, what? I am not any harsh, you asked "where is the download link at modb?" and I replied to you as a matter of fact.
In case you really have trouble to get it from there: Shadows post! click on the image "download now" and you get linked on his moddb profile, then "Download now"! A window opens where you get asked to download either from gamefront or one of the mirrors. Where is the problem supposed to be? There is not one! The download link is not down, the download itself is not either. I checked it myself to be sure, it is working. :confused2:
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

The season was at 8:34 in spain in that hour there was not any link download, only the window popup saying at that moment the link wasn't available do you understand?
In that time there was not any download...Now at 22:37 in Spain is available. Anyway your pic telling me where is the download part with big arrows is wow... you didnt read the post entirely, and yes it was stupid to say like a child that sort of thing with that photo, READ the post first before judge people as "Stupid" or anyway you think ( Im not worry at all is your problem -not to read all the post from first Word to end of the phrase-) anyway thanks for your reply and innecesary replies. Good night
Last edited by darksonny on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

DL'd it 6 hours ago before going out using a mirror, I get to test it right now.

I gotta say, GFJ!
Gotta see how much BotZ code I can move to the plugin system and call using the SDK natives.
Shadow, any specific sets of functions I shouldn't use due to imminent changes or re-scrapping?
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

I should not waste my time but with you
hey mate! where is the download link at modb? It does appears to be down...
Your first post did not say anything of this stuff.
The season was at 8:34 in spain in that hour there was not any link download, only the window popup saying at that moment the link wasn't available do you understand?
I am not stupid as well, now where you finally explain it, instead keep us in the dark about that. You see, it is a problem on your side. Without my post he wouldn`t understand anything as well. Do not expect people to know everything if you dont explain them properly. Next time just tell us immediately and there is no reason for you to feel pissed, because other people can not understand you. A well written problem definition is the key for getting help.
About to be non-active