HUD Chat Box

Discussions about UT99
ASLY

HUD Chat Box

Post by ASLY »

Somehow I can remove in the chatbox the texts?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: HUD Chat Box

Post by papercoffee »

ASLYE702 wrote:Somehow I can remove in the chatbox the texts?
:| ...Do you mean the text you write right now? Or do you mean the text you wrote already?
Your question is confusing me.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

I remember looking for something like this a while back , I think he is looking for something to remove kill messages from Chatbox , and/or removing the box all together.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But he wrote "remove the texts in the chatbox" ...So what text then?

@ASLYE702
can you please clarify this?
No one can help you with such a vague question.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Yeah, Wises say right
I want to remove the chatbox + the messages (Because I dont want to see what writing players for me)
Ok the chatbox is invisible, I can do it with custom color, but I don't know how remove the messages :x

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

ASLYE702 wrote:Somehow I can remove in the chatbox the texts?
You already noticed that by "removing" the chatbox (aka giving it full transparency with RGB(0,0,0)) you also remove the rendering of many other things your HUD, right? Like the player icon, the weapon icons, health icons, etc, etc..
Plus, if someone has their render set to render those as opaque (which many players do), the player will instead have very annoying black boxes all over the screen obscuring his own view even harder.

As for the messages, you can't, their colors are defined in the message classes themselves, and which if you set their default color to full transparency, that will affect many other important messages as well.
Again, without your own custom HUD, you can't do that and trying to do so the way you are doing will cause nothing but unwanted side-effects of several levels in messages and HUD rendering.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

perhaps in one of our coding classes you could maybe teach us how to make a custom hud ferali?

:D
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:He probably has minors who play the game. I recall removing my HUD but it was something out of game to do it. I'm not sure what files I was messing with and if I was renaming files or removing from settings files or what
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Problem solved! XConsole FTW! Just opened XConsole.ini and put the Black color to the color list and done