mouse acceleration issues (fix for win7/8)

Discussions about UT99
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

mouse acceleration issues (fix for win7/8)

Post by Wises »

heres something to help with mouse acceleration issues that I found at globalunreal.com

MarkC_MouseFix

makes a difference.

original post here
:wtf:
UT99.org

Re: mouse acceleration issues (fix for win7/8)

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:CPL fix is ABSOLUTE MUST for XP if anyone still uses that old OS. Never felt the need on win 7/8, but if you change the mouse settings on Win7/8 this will restore it. I don't think its absolute requirement like CPL was in XP, unless you have modified the default settings from win7/8 itself. Correct me if I'm wrong
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

On xp you want to use anirs mousefix, or cheese's. anir completely removes acceleration on a hardware level, cheese is a regedit way to correctly achieve the same thing as the CPL fix. CPL fix is sorta like cheese's, it was the first of it's kind, but it wasn't exactly 1-1. At the end of the way each mouse fix feels different, just try them and see what you like. Also, Mark c created an xp version which I've never tried.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Hmmm... ?? I don't get it... my logitech driver detect launched games and can adjust the mouse acceleration itself.
Right now is acceleration in UT disabled. And it works fine.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Don't use it then, I'm serious. You don't hear much about these fixes any more and there's probably a good reason for it. And I wouldn't want to be here when someone who didn't need it tried it and it changed their Windows which afterwards wouldn't start. It could happen.
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Just for information, you can disable mouse acceleration in Windows 7 and 8 if you go to Mouse Properties > Pointer Options and de-select "Enhance Pointer Precision" box (yes, it's confusing name).

rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

papercoffee wrote:Hmmm... ?? I don't get it... my logitech driver detect launched games and can adjust the mouse acceleration itself.
Some mice have built in acceleration that you can control, you can disable it within the driver itself, but you still have Windows acceleration that you need a fix for.
Raynor wrote:Just for information, you can disable mouse acceleration in Windows 7 and 8 if you go to Mouse Properties > Pointer Options and de-select "Enhance Pointer Precision" box (yes, it's confusing name).

This is a quote from Mark C
Some older games, such as Half-Life 1, Counter-Strike 1.x, Quake, Quake 2, Unreal and others when those games call the function (asking that all movement be accelerated), Windows enables the mouse 'Enhance pointer precision' feature, which adds mouse acceleration using a varying curve to control the mouse response. (It enables it even if you have it turned off in the Control Panel Mouse settings.)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

rsbloom44 wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Hmmm... ?? I don't get it... my logitech driver detect launched games and can adjust the mouse acceleration itself.
Some mice have built in acceleration that you can control, you can disable it within the driver itself, but you still have Windows acceleration that you need a fix for.
setpoint1.png
setpoint2.png
:noidea