Stop Player Collsion for Projectiles

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Pizzi
Novice
Personal rank: Child of the Night

Stop Player Collsion for Projectiles

Post by Pizzi »

I'm looking for a Mutator which blocks the Player Collision for Bullets (of course only Projectiles from other Players, not from the Monsters *smile*). The Reason is quite simple, in Monsterhunt it's useless to shot at Players and there are several Maps where you can only shot at one good spot at the Monsters and always all Players are blocking each other.
I already searched Google and this Board, but besides I have no idea how it could be called, I found nothing so far.
If somebody knows where to find such a Mutator, or just a Name I can look for, I would be very thankful.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: Stop Player Collsion for Projectiles

Post by Wises »

Anti team damage type thing.. Idk much about monsterhunt tbh.. Perhaps kelly/mr loathesome would have something up tgeir sleaves.. For this.. Would be a simpke mod for those samurai to build if medor don't have something already...

In fact i could be wrong but doesnt monsterhunt gold have this already?.. Like team based play? In which case their should be also the setting for teamdamage=0.0000 or i believe its called friendlyfirescale or something.

Google "monsterhunt gold site:moddb.com" i think.
Pizzi
Novice

Post by Pizzi »

You catched me a little bit wrong, Wises, I'm not talking about Friendlyfire, that's cut off in the MH Mod indeed, I'm talking about the Fact that if you shot while another Player is standing right in front of you, you wont hit the Monsters anymore. You can't kill your Teammate in fact, but his Body will stop the Bullets.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Pizzi, if you're patient enough eventually the monster will kill the guy blocking your shot and then you'll have an unobstructed shooting zone.
Short of a mutator that makes all players ghosts, because you're literally asking for a way to shoot through people on your team to hit what's on their other side, I don't think that's a likely request to follow up on. It doesn't seem practical.
Pizzi wrote:You can't kill your Teammate in fact
Actually not true. Even in MH there's several ways to kill your teammates.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Pizzi
Novice

Post by Pizzi »

It happens quite much that others which are shooting in front of anybody get killed by a Monster, but in that case somebody else will take their position and the game starts again. That's annoying by and by...

Not really make them Ghosts, cause they are still Visible, means other Teammates (and Monsters of course) can still see them. I'm just talking about the same like the "Stop Player Collision" where you can walk through Players, that's already a kind of Ghost, but it's working fine, the same for Bullets would be perfect.
EvilGrins wrote:Actually not true. Even in MH there's several ways to kill your teammates.
Hahaha yes, you are absolutely right, there are a lot of possibilities to kill the Players, but in that case I meant only by shooting them, and except the JumpGun, which makes the Players jump to heaven if they get hit and Splat as they impact the ground, or the QueenRifle which spawns Queens and "telefrag" others by a direct hit, I don't know any Weapon to kill them.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Pizzi wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Actually not true. Even in MH there's several ways to kill your teammates.
Hahaha yes, you are absolutely right, there are a lot of possibilities to kill the Players, but in that case I meant only by shooting them, and except the JumpGun, which makes the Players jump to heaven if they get hit and Splat as they impact the ground, or the QueenRifle which spawns Queens and "telefrag" others by a direct hit, I don't know any Weapon to kill them.
Nali Weapons 2 (yes, 2) Ultima Protos: The blast from the gun doesn't kill you but the ongoing force from the blast, which lasts about 10 to 15 seconds, sends all players slamming all over whatever room they're in until they're literally crushed to death and splattered all over ther place.
Pizzi
Novice

Post by Pizzi »

Hmm... I didn't played much with NaliWeapons II, so I haven't seen that so far, at least not on my SMH Server.
Maybe it also depends on the relevant Server Settings or the running Mutators, I don't know...
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

couple of idea's here..

a. toggle friendlyfirescsale=0.333333 or 33% damage other players.. therefore allowing you to kill team mates and such
b. find a coder to zap up a simple mod for you.
^best person's to contact in respect to this would be firstly Jack Griffin / UTP / Kelly.. take him all of 10minutes to build if he deems it a plausable addition to MH.

Next Person if rejected by Jack would be Mr Loathsome (however already over burdened with several million other mod requests.. and has a todo list longer the my aunt nellies shopping lists combined over the last 2 years lol)

or some of the other 'up and coming' developers like UTDeath / Torax who I have found to be very cool individuals. and very helpful.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Wises, you forgot 'c'.

c. lob grenades over the head of your teammate that's being so inconsiderate as to block your shot.

Or, as this just occured to me, 'd'.

d. walk over the with impact hammer and knock your teammate out of the way.
Pizzi
Novice

Post by Pizzi »

Thank you for your Ideas :-)
Okay my Statement to them:

a) Neither I nor the Players on my Server really like Friendly fire, specially cause there are some really heavy Guns in most of our own Maps, like EXU, a lot AAA ones, Shurikens and some more. Even with only 33% Team Damage they would be absolutely deadly to the Team.

b) Coders are quite rare nowadays, cause UT isn't getting younger...
As far as I know Jack / Kelly had quit his work, what a bummer :-(
And the others you appointed I have no contact to, actually I have not even have heard of their names...

c) Yes, with Grenades it would be possible, same for Flak in secondary fire, but you forgot that in our Maps a Rocket Launcher or Flak can't be used quite much, cause they are way too weak for Monsters with up teen thousand of Health points :roll:

d) It's been some time since I played with an ImpactHammer... This one isn't loaded in the MH Mod which is running on my Server, cause what you need an ImpactHammer for, if you get a Super Sniper (not the regular one), Moz Sledge, Throwing Knifes or Redeemers by Random Loadout? *smile*

By the way, I don't think I'm the very first Person who came up with that idea, so maybe there already is such a Mutator around somewhere, I just not be able to find it so far.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MEDOR here is someone who needs your help!!!

Pizzi all of the mentioned persons are member on this forum. Try to send a PM to them.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

So what we need is the ability to shoot through players (human) but also be killed by everthing else.
^ is that correct?
Just to make it clear for the gurus...

Iam wondering if this is something bt has inbuilt.. If so i add Spongeb0b to the list of gurus.
Pizzi
Novice

Post by Pizzi »

papercoffee wrote:Pizzi all of the mentioned persons are member on this forum. Try to send a PM to them.
Bother an unknown Coder with a Request per PM, I'm not like that...
If they read my Topic and offer me to help, I'm pleased about, but actually I'm not somebody who is running around, annoying strangers with requests in Private Messages.
Wises wrote:So what we need is the ability to shoot through players (human) but also be killed by everything else.
^ is that correct?
Yes, exactly.

I know that Projectiles are "connected" in some way to the Player who shots them. I can't explain it any better, cause I'm not a Coder, that's just what I noticed in Game. If you shot a Weapon whose Projectiles will stay a bit longer in the Map (EXU ChaosBarrel with the big Explosion for example) and you leave the Game, the Projectiles seem to "loose" the Connection to the Player who fired them and will also hurt other Players around, even if Friendlyfire is turned off.
Maybe this kind of Link between the Players and the particular Projectiles they are shooting can be used to create such a Mutator...
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

I think I see exactly what you want there. And you are on the right track. Every projectile has an Owner. And the stuff you have noticed there is exactly
the same "issue" that can cause stray errors if a monsters projectile kills you after the monster has been killed. (Owner of the projectile becomes None if the Owner is dead....)

This would require the mutator to attach some actor to every projectile, that would check to see if what it was about to hit was on the same team as the projectiles
Owner or not, and then either adjust some collision properties temporarily or skip past the team member, and then reset the properties.

I haven't tried it, and am not sure if that could be made to work or not. Suspect it would be likely to add a bit of lag unless done very carefully.

Perhaps there is another way that hasn't occurred to me atm.....
blarg
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

MrLoathsome wrote:(Owner of the projectile becomes None if the Owner is dead....)
that's an interesting observation their bro.. hmm

so is that to say , that in normal games dm etc.. that if I fired off 6 rockets and then was killed before they hit another player.. that I would not get the frags for those rockets & or they would self destroy?
or does this only apply to MH games?

@Pizi .. you are in good hands .. Mr Loathsome will have dreams about 'this' and come back with something if possible Iam Sure.

@MrLoathesome , I think that BT has something like this as players with IG guns I think can move through players I believe (sheesh shocking memory) and if the flag for NoBoost is set .. I think that you can fire through players to hit switches.. idr (don't recall) if this is the case.. they may destruct actually on the player.. actually.. perhaps someoneelse could confirm this for us.