Re: Last Post Standing, the sequel

Post by OjitroC »

Of course we missed you!

I still think we need more smalltalk.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:24 pm I'm back!

Hey there!

Bet ya missed me, eh?... nah... not really, I know ya didn't.

Either way i'm here.

Not gonna go any soon, pinky promise.

I'm still like the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Glad you're back. Did you bring me back a t-shirt? But, not a good t-shirt. One of those cheap tourist type t-shirts with like the name of the place, with a sun, and maybe a palm tree or a seagull silhouette?
If it has a pocket, that would be good, but I know these tourist t-shirts seldom have them. Still, if it does have a pocket, I would be able to keep stuff in it. Until the poor stitching wore out.
I have a t-shirt from all over the world. Not that I have ever been to any of these places. Still, it makes me feel well traveled.
Enough about me though, glad you back. Of course I missed you.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I got a burger! Heard yer type like those!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Oh yeah? Take that!
Attachments
210509955_131961719051961_7082582589765964160_n.jpg
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Burger with extra gmo's and a side of gluten. No free range either, I want one that has to pay for that.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

For the Schranz lovers!

Can't get enough of this set now i found it again ^^
am mostly into early hardstyle (reversed bass) which is around 140-145 bpm.
This is around 160 bpm.

What is Schranz?!
Schranz is uptempo hardtechno with this thumping beat ^^

No America, not everything electronic is called Techno.
There are over 140 subgenres ;p

You know!
well, if you don't know, now you know :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtechno
Last edited by esnesi on Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Plot-Based Voice Cancellation

Sometimes, one line can change everything — for the characters as well as the audience. So, often, if that line has to come up early on, it will be cancelled out by some other noise, such as a truck passing or a plane taking off, or, in the case of dream worlds and other special cases, for no obvious reason whatsoever.

Almost universally, this becomes a point for a flashback later in the series, either once the characters (or audience) have learned the rest of the line, or once the conditions have been met for everyone to be clued in as to what happened. Clearing up the issue of what was said usually qualifies as The Reveal (or, if the author hates you, The Unreveal).

Compare to: Jackhammered Conversation, Plot-Based Photograph Obfuscation, Instant Mystery, Just Delete Scene, Conveniently Interrupted Document. Contrast Exposition Cut, where the audience already knows what's being said and the characters can understand clearly.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Achoo.

Oops. Sorry, cold here.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

I love my new avatar. 😁

LET THE SALT BEGIN!
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Salt? Salt doesn't make people sneeze.

Automatically merged

By the way forgive the double post but I just spotted a wild UTNerd24 in the ZDoom forums :D

Weapon of Destruction
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:16 am Salt? Salt doesn't make people sneeze.

Automatically merged

By the way forgive the double post but I just spotted a wild UTNerd24 in the ZDoom forums :D

Salt makes people salty.

And it's a good ingredient in foods.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Yeah, like these fries!

I dunno who you brushed off the wrong way though. I see nobody salty in here! Hrmph!

Weapon of Destruction
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:56 pm Yeah, like these fries!

I dunno who you brushed off the wrong way though. I see nobody salty in here! Hrmph!
UT3 is considered a swear word in certain circles. You aren't even allowed to like UT3 because if you do, you'll be considered a "console kiddie", regardless if you have a console or not. The same way if you like Fortnite these days you'll get salty people calling you a "blind fanboy kiddie" or whatever insult is used these days. Speaking of which...

Automatically merged

Fan Hater

"Final Fantasy VIII sucks and you suck for liking it!"
— Noah "The Spoony One" Antwiler

To some people, there is only one thing worse than anything they consider horrible — people liking it.

In a nutshell, a Fan Hater is someone who hates the fans of a particular work. Often in a Hatedom, but not always.

The thing is that to these people, art is Serious Business and they treat their enjoyment of art the way some people take to competitive gaming. If you like anything not up to their standards, they will either mock you, mock that thing in front of your face, or just go on a diatribe about why you shouldn't like that thing. To make matters worse, they will also stereotype fans (e.g., anybody who likes comic books is an obese loser; anyone who likes anime is some annoying, anti-American, over-obsessive wannabe Japan-fetishizing freak; people who like cartoons are pedophilic Man Children; boys who watch girls' cartoons are gay; girls who watch boys' cartoons are fake geeks or Yaoi Fangirls; anyone who likes metal/punk is a wannabe tough guy or a pretentious hipster jackass; people who like rap are wangsters; anyone who watches Professional Wrestling is a redneck-homo and thinks it's 100% real; etc.) and not fitting any of these stereotypes will induce either a No True Scotsman or they'll still find at least one thing they find negative and stereotype the fans of the work with said negative thing. Fan Haters tend to refer to the targets of their hatred as the "Lowest Common Denominator" or "unwashed masses".

Note that hating the work in question is not required: there's plenty of Fan Haters who have nothing against the work in question, and are "merely" repulsed by the associated fandom—a common case of the Fan Hater is somebody from a more general fandom finding a subfandom creepy and horrible.

Be warned some may pretend to be fan haters, but are in fact Trolls, which some find to be worse, depending on who you are.

A Sub-Trope of Hate Dumb and Opinion Myopia. The inverse is Complaining About People Not Liking the Show.

Common forms of this trope:

* Accentuate the Negative, in which the person sees or expresses nothing but negative values in a work and trashes anyone who dares to actually like the work.
* Adaptation Decay, in that they hate anyone who likes an adaptation that isn't the original version.
* Animation Age Ghetto, in that they hate anyone older than 12 who watches anything animated.
* Broken Base, in that the dissenters will hate the loyalists for not giving up on a particular series.
* Comedy Ghetto, in which they hate anyone who likes a work just because it isn't serious.
* Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch - In which they attack a work they know little or nothing about.
* Condemned by History - The work they hate has fallen out of fashion years ago, so why should they have to tolerate the few who still like it?
* Dead Horse Genre, in which they hate on people for liking what they deem inferior brands of music.
* Fandom Rivalry - In which one fandom hates another fandom, and vice-versa.
* Fan Dumb, in which they assume all fans of a work to have the same negative stereotypes and viewpoints.
* Girl-Show Ghetto, in that they hate anyone who watches a cartoon not "intended for" their gender.
* Hate Dumb, in which they dislike a work because of trivial reasons.
* Hype Aversion, in which they dislike a work simply because people keep recommending it.
* Hype Backlash - In which they hate a work simply because of the attention it has received or is receiving. A subset hates things that are critically-acclaimed.
* Hypocrite: Many of them may actually like the work they claim to hate.
* It's Popular, Now It Sucks! - In which a work is hated for having mass appeal, selling out and abandoning the "true fans".
* It's the Same, Now It Sucks! - in which they hate you merely because you like something that they see as the same as something else.
* Jerkass - They just want an excuse to be an asshole.
* Misaimed Fandom - In which they hate you for liking something the "wrong way".
* No True Scotsman - In which they claim you're not a "true" fan for liking a work.
* Nostalgia Filter: They hate a work just because it's new and not something they watched when they were younger.
* Public Medium Ignorance: They are known to complain about works of fiction just because they are in forms of media that they don't normally read, watch or play.
* Sci Fi Ghetto: They assume that science fiction works have no artistic merit whatsoever.
* Scrub: Players of a competitive video game who insist that all players should play their way.
* Serious Business - The MST3K Mantra most certainly does not apply.
* Stop Being Stereotypical - In which a work has a notoriously unpleasant or obnoxious fanbase that results in more level-headed fans turning against the rest of the fandom; when someone says something akin to "I love the work but the fans are assholes", this is the sentiment at play.
* "Stop Having Fun" Guys - In which you get hate for playing a game the "wrong way."
* They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: They dislike an adaptation or reboot just for making a few changes to the source material, even if the change is relatively minor or if the original work would have been difficult to make a completely faithful adaptation to.
* All the True Art pages
* And especially Guilty Pleasures, because they'll try to make you feel guilty for it.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

If this thread is off-topic does that mean in a way topics are illegal?

Nahh, it'll be fine. Anyway, do you guys like bread?–

Weapon of Destruction