Redirect - another alternativ -

Discussions about Servers
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Redirect - another alternativ -

Post by TheDane »

I've added a free redirect service to my website: http://www.redirect.unrealtournament.info/

It's plain and simple and can be used by all who runs a server. Instead of uploading a zillion files I just made it so everyone is allowed to upload to it via the website, this way only the files used will be there and all admins can upload and find the files available for redirect instantly without waiting.

To use the redirect service you need to change your servers ini settings to:

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://www.redirect.unrealtournament.info/uz/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Beware of using files that are known mismatches (multiple versions using same filename). You should at all times avoid using map with these issues, just ask yourself if it is that important to have that particular map on your server? If you chose such map (knowing or not knowing) it's first come first served, meaning that the version of the file that gets to the redirect service stays. However, should you encounter a file problem and you think the file in question is wrong or corrupted, then please PM me or post here about it and I'll look at it.
Retired.
Higor
Godlike

Re: Redirect - another alternativ -

Post by Higor »

A little thing I've noticed about mismatches.
It's about Unreal's music files, the old redirect had truncated files with didn't match the Unreal CD UMX's and I was forced to delete/backup said files so I could download again.
I'd say that if you setup a redirect, just have those old music files uploaded from the original CD to prevent this from ever happening.

If you're okay with this, I may even do that myself.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
TheDane wrote:I've added a free redirect service to my website: http://www.redirect.unrealtournament.info/

It's plain and simple and can be used by all who runs a server. Instead of uploading a zillion files I just made it so everyone is allowed to upload to it via the website, this way only the files used will be there and all admins can upload and find the files available for redirect instantly without waiting.

To use the redirect service you need to change your servers ini settings to:

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://www.redirect.unrealtournament.info/uz/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Beware of using files that are known mismatches (multiple versions using same filename). You should at all times avoid using map with these issues, just ask yourself if it is that important to have that particular map on your server? If you chose such map (knowing or not knowing) it's first come first served, meaning that the version of the file that gets to the redirect service stays. However, should you encounter a file problem and you think the file in question is wrong or corrupted, then please PM me or post here about it and I'll look at it.

If you want add some 100 gigas uz files on it. http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =53&t=2162
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Higor wrote:A little thing I've noticed about mismatches.
It's about Unreal's music files, the old redirect had truncated files with didn't match the Unreal CD UMX's and I was forced to delete/backup said files so I could download again.
I'd say that if you setup a redirect, just have those old music files uploaded from the original CD to prevent this from ever happening.

If you're okay with this, I may even do that myself.
oh, I wasn't aware of this? I've never had this problem, but I'll be sure to upload the original files from the CD once I get back home. But it's strange that the default stuff has to be redirected? That should only happen if someone deletes the files? But thanks for noticing it, I'll fix it asap, I can up via ftp, so that's faster than if you have to do it one by one :tu:
medor wrote:If you want add some 100 gigas uz files on it. http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =53&t=2162
Thx, but no thx m8. That's the essence of why I made this redirect service, there is realy no use for 100 gigas of redirected files :mrgreen:
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TheDane wrote: oh, I wasn't aware of this? I've never had this problem, but I'll be sure to upload the original files from the CD once I get back home. But it's strange that the default stuff has to be redirected? That should only happen if someone deletes the files? But thanks for noticing it, I'll fix it asap, I can up via ftp, so that's faster than if you have to do it one by one :tu:
I think this happen when you turn your UT Demo into a retail version. You have still many missing files.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

papercoffee wrote: I think this happen when you turn your UT Demo into a retail version. You have still many missing files.
Ah yes ofcause, that is very possible. I've added all default umx, aux and utx files. Åre there any .u files missing in the demo version that should be added?
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TheDane wrote:
papercoffee wrote: I think this happen when you turn your UT Demo into a retail version. You have still many missing files.
Ah yes ofcause, that is very possible. I've added all default umx, aux and utx files. Åre there any .u files missing in the demo version that should be added?
I don't know ... but it's possible.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

It would be nice if you use the final versions of certain mods, such as the final v1.1 of ChaosUT, and the final Napali creatures by Asgard fixed for UT (everyone seems to be using the old bugged Unreal versions).
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Dr.Flay wrote:It would be nice if you use the final versions of certain mods, such as the final v1.1 of ChaosUT, and the final Napali creatures by Asgard fixed for UT (everyone seems to be using the old bugged Unreal versions).
I can't force that from a redirect, the redirect will only hold the versions the server admin chooses to put on his/her server :noidea
Retired.
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

Thx !

I've been adding some files i use on my iDOM server after finding out how to compress stuff :) I've managed and now i hope it will work. Will be adding some more files if i can see stuff popping up from my server thats being downloaded directly. For now i did most of the stuff i've seen.
Again, thanks for the redirect server and easy setup to use and upload :)
Instagib SPAM! Server 3v3 iCTF :: 80.56.111.165:7801 :: Only Small Maps (Down for 1 day due to moving)
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Sry, Guys for not beeing able to report this before now, but I've simply been away and not beeing able to check my mail, but the service has been temporary Down today/yesderday depending on your timezone, due to a server maintainance from my host:
Dear Jacob,

Tomorrow night, between the hours of 8 - 10 PM MST, we will be performing a kernel update on your server. We estimate the outage to be approximately 15-30 minutes. During this time, your email, website and account will not be accessible. This updated kernel brings a number of significant enhancements in all aspects of the kernel, the integral part of which the rest of the Operating System relies upon. You can read more about the changes in this kernel at http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_3.4.

We apologize that we cannot give you an exact time-frame between these 2 hours as to when you will experience the downtime due to the number of additional servers we will be performing this update on as well.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this planned outage, please contact support.
Retired.