Anyone got a map fo' meh?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Anyone got a map fo' meh?

Post by KeeperUTX »

Right now I'm looking around for some decent maps. No need for those overkill beauty maps (I like them but they make my crummy comp lag). Mainly on the lookout for CTF, DM, AS and MH maps. I'd like them to be interesting. Interesting (or fun, strategical, you name it) for the one who's posting a suggestion, don't just google me some maps! Give me actual recommendations from your own roster of maps! Aha, and the amount of players can be anything from 8 to 20, maybe even 24 (I really like intricate CTF maps these days)

If we're talking CTF, it has to have some kind of network of tunnels or otherwise open fields, proper sniping areas and whatnot (along with a place where you can find a Redeemer - not really mandatory)

If it's a DM map, I don't want vast, super large rooms. Those are just too much for me. Well, if the room has a few bridges and stuff to stand behind or on, then it's ok.

When it comes to MH, I like maps which don't have insane amounts of monsters, each with over 1000 HP. Me no likey. "Normal" MH maps like MH-Canyon (The icy canyon that came with the original MH IIRC) will be perfect.

As for AS, I don't really care. Just as long as the map isn't nonsensical.

Sorry if I'm asking a bit much.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Anyone got a map fo' meh?

Post by papercoffee »

Moved to download search ;)
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Oh, sorry, papercoffee. Didn't know this stuff belongs in the DL search section.

Well eitherway, I thought the above demands are indeed too much. Just suggest anything that's at least "playable", and I'll look it up.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Try this
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... -DuelDrive

Need players, not sure how good bots work.
Binary Space Partitioning
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Red_Fist wrote:Try this
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... -DuelDrive

Need players, not sure how good bots work.
mmm. Seems legit. DLing as soon as possible.

Seriously, dudes and dudettes (if any), show some hustle-- I mean maps!
Last edited by KeeperUTX on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Uhm... right. Forgot to say this: Try to use screenshots (only one is needed) or a link that comes with screenies like the one that Red_Fist posted, so that I can get at least a good preview of it. I'd hate to download a map with a name that makes it sound cool, and then I figure out that it sucks harder than hell.

That nali colony thingy sounds interesting, though. Thank you :tu:

Anyone else? Going once, going twice...