GameSpy closing down

Discussions about everything else
UT99.org

Re: GameSpy closing down

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:And here is the Fart Knocker, encouraging this destructive behavior. I could use a few words to describe it, like short-sighted. The fact that he thinks I'm jealous says a whole lot. I mean, when I was younger I wondered why older people didn't think a whole lot of me indexing the online phone book. Maybe wanting to search whole streets and bring up everyone who lives on them is a bit obsessive? It's one of those things, as you get older you look down upon those who want to wreck things for others for their own ambitions. But I'll leave it here for now, what he's doing is made public and people can make up their own minds. That's all posting here can achieve and that's all I want to achieve, either he has a drastic turn-around or other people slowly start waking up and my goal is achieved
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

billybill wrote:And here is the Fart Knocker, encouraging this destructive behavior. I could use a few words to describe it, like short-sighted. The fact that he thinks I'm jealous says a whole lot. I mean, when I was younger I wondered why older people didn't think a whole lot of me indexing the online phone book. Maybe wanting to search whole streets and bring up everyone who lives on them is a bit obsessive? It's one of those things, as you get older you look down upon those who want to wreck things for others for their own ambitions. But I'll leave it here for now, what he's doing is made public and people can make up their own minds. That's all posting here can achieve and that's all I want to achieve, either he has a drastic turn-around or other people slowly start waking up and my goal is achieved
I am happy that you speak sarcasm as floating as i do ;)

:satan:

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I don't get the feeling Darkelarious thinks you are jealous, as there is nothing to be jealous about, so it makes no sense.
However I do get the feeling that noccer is not helping here at all by prodding you with a pointy stick.
(Do I have to remind you what I said before noccer ?)

....hehehe....
Fart knocker.... :lol2:

I just checked my browser in UT and the MH tab populated quickly
MonsterHunt tab in Xbrowser
MonsterHunt tab in Xbrowser
And then added Rocket Arena myself
Rocket Arena in Xbrowser
Rocket Arena in Xbrowser
Xbrowser config edit

Code: Select all

[XBrowser.XBrowserMainClientWindow]
ServerListNames[0]=XBrowserAll
ServerListNames[1]=XBrowserUT
ServerListNames[2]=XBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[3]=XBrowserDM
ServerListNames[4]=XBrowserTDM
ServerListNames[5]=XBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=XBrowserMH
ServerListNames[7]=XBrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=XBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=XBrowserRA
ServerListNames[10]=None
ServerListNames[11]=None
ServerListNames[12]=None
ServerListNames[13]=None
ServerListNames[14]=None
ServerListNames[15]=None
ServerListNames[16]=None
ServerListNames[17]=None
ServerListNames[18]=None
ServerListNames[19]=None
ServerListNames[20]=None
ServerListNames[21]=None
ServerListNames[22]=None
ServerListNames[23]=None
ServerListNames[24]=None
ServerListNames[25]=None
ServerListNames[26]=None
ServerListNames[27]=None
ServerListNames[28]=None
ServerListNames[29]=None
ServerListNames[30]=None
ServerListNames[31]=None
bKeepMasterServer=True
bNeverAcceptServerChangeFavs=False
bHideBlacklistedServers=False

[XBrowserAll]
ServerListTitle=All Servers
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
;ListFactories[3]=XBrowser.XBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
;ListFactories[4]=XBrowser.XBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
;ListFactories[5]=XBrowser.XBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[6]=
ListFactories[7]=
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
bFallbackFactories=False
bHidden=True
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=0
bNoAutoSort=False

[XBrowserUT]
ServerListTitle=UT Servers
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,bNoTOServers=True,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserLAN]
ServerListTitle=LAN Servers
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserLocalFact,BeaconProduct=ut
AutoRefreshTime=5
bNoAutoSort=True
URLAppend=?LAN

[XBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserDM]
ServerListTitle=Deathmatch
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserTDM]
ServerListTitle=Team Deathmatch
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserCTF]
ServerListTitle=Capture the Flag
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=CTF4Game,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserMH]
ServerListTitle=Monster Hunt
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHunt,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserAS]
ServerListTitle=Assault
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserLMS]
ServerListTitle=Last Man Standing
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[XBrowserRA]
ServerListTitle=Rocket Arena
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=RocketArenaGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
XBrowser.ini.rar
XBrowser.ini
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
To be honest, Xbrowser needs a whole heap more added, and I think we should possibly have a separate thread with patches like this and spongebobs and that EavyServerBrowser (Not tried it yet).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

noccer stop it... trolling is never a solution.

@Flay
Ok ...have to try this XBrowser thingy.
What about NW3 in XBrowser? I still get the Gamespay "error?" in the default server browser.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I never saw NW3 as a tab.
I suggested it, but I didn't think it was added because NW3 is not a gametype.
You could get the browser to search by mutator though, so maybe that is what was done.
Perhaps I never saw a tab because it was not added to Xbrowser.
I'll see what I can find, but I think I may need to re-install NW3 with the UMOD just to be sure.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ferali added a tab in his final version because people did asked about it ...they couldn't find the NW3 server especially when they didn't mention it in the server name (or something like that).
I have it r running ...in the past did list all NW3-final server... but now is there only the Gamespy error.
Want a screenshot?
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

This should fix the NW3 UBrowser tab, add this at the end of your UnrealTournament.ini:

[NWCoreVIII.NWServerBrowser]
ListFactories[0]=NWCoreVIII.NWBrowserFact,bCompatibleServersOnly=True,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

Edit:
I looked further into the additional UBrowser tab thing, and I've got some bad news: The utmaster.epicgames.com server is running an older version then the gamespy one, and doesn't support advanced query features like filtering per Mutators.
This is how NW3 (and all other mutator dependant tabs) query their list:

\list\\gamename\ut\where\mutators LIKE '%NW3 -%'\final\
Now, the epicgames server always responds the entire server list, and doesn't do any filtering at all. This makes it impossible for most of the tabs to work. The only exception are tabs for additional gametypes, just like MonsterHunt, as UT automatically filters them after the entire list has been received.

So, if you want your MonsterHunt tab to work correctly, this has to be added to the end of your UnrealTournament.ini:

[MonsterHunt.MonsterBrowserWindow]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHunt,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

This can only be fixed from Epic's side by updating the MasterServer software.
Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

I'd noticed this after making the changes you helpfully included in your previous post Sponge (complete server list returned for game type tabs), but imagined perhaps that it was something to do with EavyServerBrowser again and unique to my circumstances so didn't pursue it any further. This is very insightful information, I wonder whether Dr.Flay or another of our community members who have liaised with EPIC previously about their Master Server might pass this on to them.
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

I'm very happy with the 333networks Master Server!

One of the only games I still play is Unreal (not Tournament, because I just don't like it :)).
Not bad when there are still patches getting released for a 15 year old game. (thanks to Smirftsch and his team from oldunreal.com).
When GameSpy announced they would stop providing the Master Server services, we were facing the end of Unreal Multiplayer gameplay.

The Unreal community is not as big as it used to be in the old days, but we hated the idea to loose the Multiplayer functionality in Unreal simply because of unavailable Unreal servers.

There were already some community Unreal Master Servers running (like master.oldunreal.com and hypercoop.tk), but when GameSpy would shut down, it still would mean we'd loose Unreal servers when admins didn't update their configs to point to the community Master Servers.

unreal.epicgames.com has been away for quite a while, but returned a few months ago and works bad for Unreal because it's actually an UT Master Server, trying to serve the Unreal clients as well and does a lousy job for it. It also times out a lot.

I'm no developer but still wanted to contribute to my favorite game...
How? Well... It started by wanting to offer a Master Server as well...
Someone pointed me to a new piece of software I didn't know about before: The 333Networks Multi Master Server.

I installed it and then started to test it with Smirftsch (OldUnreal)...
While setting it up, we had a question or two "how..." or "if...", so we contacted Darkelarious via IRC.

I was surprised... For the first time I experienced a developer which responded directly when something was asked.
(instead of no response or after x days). We received tips, but he also listened to the ideas and suggestions we had.

When I had the 333Networks Multi Master Server up and running and tested it for a few days, it was time for the next step...
On oldunreal.com the shutdown from GameSpy was also announced and pointed to a wiki-page on oldunreal explaining what to change in the Unreal config-file to start using the community Master Servers.

The News-page in Unreal also announced that GameSpy would stop their servers and explained what players had to change in their Unreal config to be able to continue Multiplayer gameplay.

Then I created a list of all the Unreal Servers which were up and running and collected the email-addresses of the admins.
Then I wrote an email to all the Unreal Server admins explaining that GameSpy would stop their service and explained what they should do to stay available for gameplay.
I got feedback from some of the admins thanking me for the heads up. I didn't get any negative responses at all.

At the end of july GameSpy actually stopped their service for Unreal...
But... Me and the others didn't notice it while playing Unreal Multiplayer, since the community Master Servers do a great job!
The 333Networks Multi Master Server performs quite well and the cpu load is very low, even though my Master Server is quite active.

Bandwidth usage isn't very high, since the Master Server only collects the IP-adddresses and portnumbers from the available Unreal Servers.
The details of the Unreal Servers (mapname, number of players, which players etc.) are queried by the Unreal client itself, so that bandwidth
is from the Unreal Client to the specified Unreal Server directly, without going through the Master Servers.

I am very happy with the 333Networks Multi Master Server, since it very stable and flexible.
There are more community Multi Master Servers up and running and they perform very well, which made the people of the Unreal community quite happy ;)

Thumbs up!

Syntax-Error
Running the 333Networks Multi Master Server : master.errorist.tk
Phuckphucker
Novice

Post by Phuckphucker »

Seems like xbrowser is the only solution for Monster Hunt so far? However i can suggest it, it works fine.